Strange ad at the bottom of my forum pages

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Raster02

Strange ad at the bottom of my forum pages

Post by Raster02 »

Hello guys.

What version of phpBB are you using? 3.1.9
What is your board's URL? http://pesstatsdatabase.com/forum/
Who do you host your board with? Custom VPS
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Updated to 3.1.9 when this was released ages ago
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? Extensions, yes. 24 Hour Activity Stats, First post on every page, Google Analytics, mChat, National Flags, New Topics Need Approval, Stop Forum Spam, Thanks for Posts
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver and Black by Arty (http://www.artodia.com/)
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5.0.10 (not sure about this, can check exactly if necessary), PHP version is 5.4.45
What is your level of experience? Rather good with PHP and the likes, don't have much experience with phpBB
When did your problem begin? At least around July, since I had another policy violation report, but I couldn't find the issue then (I'm sure it was present because I kept requesting a review and was declined)

The problem I am experiencing is that I have a strange ad from AdSense that is displaying (or at least loading) in my website after the div with the body-wrapper ID.
This is appearing on every page on my website.

I have tried to look inside the templates (since I am adding other ads like this) but there is no trace of it. I've searched inside my default style (black) and also inside prosilver.
I was thinking it might be an extension so I went ahead and disabled everything, cleared my cache (by deleting the contents of the cache folder) but the problem persisted.

My board URL is included in the template above so you can see this happening on my website if you use the Developer Console feature of your preferred web browser.

Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed in order to identify the source of this issue ?

Thank you.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Strange ad at the bottom of my forum pages

Post by RMcGirr83 »

It's coming from this

Code: Select all

<script src="//tags-cdn.deployads.com/a/pesstatsdatabase.com.js" async=""></script>
Which seems to be some sort of sortable thing whatever that is.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Search this in your templates..
Most likely overall_header & overall_footer

<div id="ad_logo_top">
	<!-- Sortable: forum_top  size:728x90 -->
	<div class="ad-tag" data-ad-name="forum_top" data-ad-size="auto" ></div>
	<script src="//tags-cdn.deployads.com/a/pesstatsdatabase.com.js" async ></script>
	<script>(deployads = window.deployads || []).push({});</script>
</div>

<div id="ad_logo_bottom">
	<!-- Sortable: forum_bottom [Responsive]  sizes:728x90,300x250 -->
	<div class="ad-tag" data-ad-name="forum_bottom" data-ad-size="auto" ></div>
	<script src="//tags-cdn.deployads.com/a/pesstatsdatabase.com.js" async ></script>
	<script>(deployads = window.deployads || []).push({});</script>
</div>
Raster02

Post by Raster02 »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:45 pm It's coming from this

<script src="//tags-cdn.deployads.com/a/pesstatsdatabase.com.js" async=""></script>
Which seems to be some sort of sortable thing whatever that is.
Thank you.
This is an independent ad publisher that I am using. I will contact them, never thought that might be the source.
If you don't mind the question, how did you figure this out ?
Froddelaar wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:39 pm Search this in your templates..
Most likely overall_header & overall_footer
Thank you. These two tags are not the source of this, I've already looked inside the templates.
david63

Post by david63 »

Raster02 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:51 pm If you don't mind the question, how did you figure this out ?
I would guess that he looked at the page source in the browser - that's what I would have done.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”