INstalled 3.1.1 but need data from old database. Can I use SQL?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
brian47374

INstalled 3.1.1 but need data from old database. Can I use SQL?

Post by brian47374 »

Okay… so, I tried reinstalling installing 3.1.3 with my old database. However, because there was data in the database, it would not allow me to continue (as I suspected) with the install. Once I cleared the database, I could install 3.1.1.

I followed the update instructions from 3.0.12, but I was not successful at getting it updated and no one had real answers to help me.

Can I SQL the categories, posts, etc. from the old database to the new? If so, is there anything specific that I need to know? Here are the files I think that I need. Am I missing something here?
Phpbb_forums
Phpbb_forums_track
Phpbb_posts
Phpbbtopics
Phpbbtopics_posted
Phpbbtopics_tracked
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: INstalled 3.1.1 but need data from old database. Can I use SQL?

Post by KevC »

You just need to run the install/database_update.php so it updates the database to 3.1.x

Upload the 3.1.11 files
Edit the config.php file so it matches the information for the location of the database
Open /cache and delete everything except index.htm and .htaccess (if you can see it)
You will probably see errors as the database and files don't match.
Run install/database_update.php to update the DB
Delete /install
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”