Problem with godaddy server handling extension controllers

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
wrecked

Problem with godaddy server handling extension controllers

Post by wrecked »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.1.11
What is your board's URL? http://triplethreat.city
Who do you host your board with? godaddy
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What extensions do you have installed? announcements
pages
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver se
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Installed 3.1.11, installed prosilver se, enabled announcements and pages

Changed PHP setting for cgi.fix_pathinfo from 0 to 1 to correct the initial problem of "no input file specified" on pages.
Please describe your problem. When trying to close the announcement, I get AJAX error, No route found for "GET nouncements/close"

When clicking on the Test page I get the following:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/path_helper.php on line 232: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5343: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3932)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5343: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3932)
Generated by SRT Generator

I first tried to install 3.2.1, but when I clicked on the Install tab I received a "no input file specified" error on a blank page. So I tried 3.1.11 and everything seems to work fine. After I installed the extensions, the Ajax error appeared when I tried to close the announcement and "no input file specified" appeared on the test page I created. After researching the support forums, I found the cgi.fix_pathinfo edit so I performed that and now I have the errors listed above. I'm sure this is a problem on the goddady side, but after talking with their customer support, I think I'll have more luck with the phpBB expertise. Thanks in advance.

Steve
janus_zonstraal

Re: Problem with godaddy server handling extension controllers

Post by janus_zonstraal »

There are a lot of problems with Godaddy, better search for a good host.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”