phpBB 3.1.11 and Apache version 2.4

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
mrgtb

phpBB 3.1.11 and Apache version 2.4

Post by mrgtb »

My shared host NameCheap today updated all their server boxes to use "Apache version 2.4".

Now when I look at Online Users list, from today. Now every single user/bot listed on the site is using the same NameCheap IP for them all. Even user account listed in admin cp are now showing the same NameCheap IP for them all. NameCheap say it's a problem with phpBB 3.1 and the newer Apache 2.4 version they updated all their boxes to today.

Here is the response I got back from NameCheap:
NameCheap wrote:Greetings Gary, Thank you for getting back to us. It appears that the new value is currently used to fetch the correct IP address of an online user. It would be required to update one of the phpBB system files to apply the patch. Please let us know if we are allowed to make the changes on our end. Looking forward to hearing from you.
mrgtb

Re: phpBB 3.1.11 and Apache version 2.4

Post by mrgtb »

The problem is now fixed. Seems NameCheap had to apply a patch, or something on their end to fix the issue.

So you can ignore this report now, IP's are showing fine as of 5 minutes ago.
NameCheap wrote:mod_rpaf was updated on the servers.

It was the reason for the issue.
Last edited by mrgtb on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracy Perry
Name: Tracy Perry

Post by Tracy Perry »

Odds are they are using a reverse proxy and they had to fix their default setup to pass the real IP through instead of using their Proxy IP.
mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

NameCheap wrote:mod_rpaf was updated on the servers.

It was the reason for the issue.
I got this as the last reply what was fixed

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”