Will ReCaptcha be updated in 3.1 from V1 to V2 at any point

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
mrgtb

Will ReCaptcha be updated in 3.1 from V1 to V2 at any point

Post by mrgtb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 pm

I see now using V1 of ReCaptcha with phpBB 3.1.11, that Google warns you that V1 is being removed next year in 2018 it detects I'm using. That will make it obsolete for using in 3.1 then, it will in fact be a broken feature then. So is there any plans at all to at least update ReCaptcha to V2 for 3.1, so anyone running 3.1 can still at least make use of ReCaptcha with Google and not be left with a broken feature come; March, 2018 I think it said

WelshPaul

Re: Will ReCaptcha be updated in 3.1 from V1 to V2 at any point

Post by WelshPaul » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:01 pm

No, upgrade to 3.2.

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Will ReCaptcha be updated in 3.1 from V1 to V2 at any point

Post by JimA » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:47 am

Like WelshPaul said, this is included in 3.2 by default.

And with 3.1 being at an End of Maintenance state, we won't add any new features. We could help you upgrade to 3.2, if you want. :)

Additionally though, there is a 3.1 extension that adds reCAPTCHA 2.0 to your board. Just be aware though that this is an unvalidated, abandoned extension. That means that there is no support for it and we can't guarantee it's working or security. Proceed at your own risk. ;)
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”