Need help recovering our phpBB Site

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
johnhuns

Re: Need help recovering our phpBB Site

Post by johnhuns » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Thank you. I have downloaded the zip file and the documentation. I will read through and talk the organization and see if this is something they would like me to do.

I am having trouble reaching the boards admin control panel. Is there a generic link that will take me there or some other way access the board admin pages? I have access to the site from the host file manager but am unable to connect through the front end.

Thanks,
John

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Why do you need access to the ACP at this point?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

johnhuns

Post by johnhuns » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:25 pm

To address problems with user issues and board topics.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:21 pm

I thought you were reinstalling and upgrading? What happens when you try to reach the ACP through the normal link. If you cannot access that link, you have more important issues than user issues and board topics. What is it, exactly, you are now trying to do?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

johnhuns

Post by johnhuns » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:04 am

Our forum is backup and running thanks to the help of you all on this site. I would think that we are going to do an upgrade but it has to be approved by our league Board of Directors. We have been without this forum for sometime and there is work they are trying to do get things up to date and communicated to the league. I volunteered to help with their forum and more than likely I will do the upgrade for them but I am not a member of their board and I cannot decide to do the upgrade on my own. I have recommended that they do the upgrade because I know we are out of date. Once they meet and decide I will know what to do. I am new to all of this so I'm learning as I go.

I have an admin username and password, but when I click on the link for admin access I get an error. Perhaps it's related to the original error, I don't know. The link I was given to access the Admin page was this: oedl.org/administrator/index.php and the error I get is this: "Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error". I don't know if the link is right, which I why I was asking for help. I looked at the document and it sounds like the link should be on our forum main page but I don't see it.

Thanks. John

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:02 am

if you are logged in as an admin, then the link to the admin panel will be at the bottom of every page of the board.
if you do not see it then you are not logged in as an admin.
also, depending on what version you have, there may be a link to the ACP in the navbar at the top of the page.
these links are the only way to access the admin. you can not just paste any url into the board and access that way.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

johnhuns

Post by johnhuns » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Thanks Robert. Is there a way to reset the admin password from the backend/database? Nobody seems to know the admin password. Ugh...

johnhuns

Post by johnhuns » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:45 pm

I figured out how to reset the password from the database. Thank you!!!

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”