Members not able to log in, including administrators.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
duchessnukem

Members not able to log in, including administrators.

Post by duchessnukem »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3
What is your board's URL? http://www.albertametal.net/forum/
Who do you host your board with? unknown
How did you install your board? Someone else installed my board for me
What is the most recent action performed on your board? unknown
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? unknown
Do you have any MODs installed? unknown
Do you have any extensions installed? unknown
What styles do you currently have installed? unknown
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? unknown
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? nothing

When I try to log in it goes to the next screen where it says "you have successfully logged in" but I am not, and there's a bunch of code at the top of the page, and then I'm kicked back to the login page. I was able to copy and paste the code...

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfkc() should not be called statically in /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1663
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4663

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4665

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4666

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/albertametal/www/www/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4667

Please describe your problem. I'm an administrator of this aged forum, a task handed to me by the creator about 6 years ago. I have little experience with phpBB so no software has been updated in that time. For over 2 years now no one at all has been able to log in. My laptop was set to keep me logged in, and it did all that time until tonight! In order to go to the admin panel to try and fix the problem I would have log out and in again. I knew that wouldn't work because I tried on every other device I have access to, so I just carried on, using my laptop to keep the event listings updated for members to read at least. Now I don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Generated by SRT Generator
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Members not able to log in, including administrators.

Post by KevC »

Your hosts have updated the server version of php. The old version of phpBB that you are running is no longer compatible with the server settings.

You will need to upgrade phpBB to 3.2.x

Notes:
  • Your server must be running at least PHP 5.4 or higher.
  • phpBB 3.2 is not compatible with 3.0 and most of the previous files will need to be removed prior to upgrading.
  • Styles and MODs from 3.0 cannot be installed on phpBB 3.2. To upgrade, perform the following steps:
  1. Make a back-up of the original files and database
  2. Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
  3. Remove all MOD-related changes from the database. The Support Toolkit's Database Cleaner can be used for this.
  4. Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
  5. Set British English as the only language pack and delete all other language pack directories from your server
  6. Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
    • The config.php file
    • The /images/ directory
    • The /files/ directory
    • The /store/ directory
  7. Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.2.x Full Package (EXCEPT for config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original config.php file)
  8. Browse to www.example.com/install/
  9. Click the Update tab
  10. Click the Update button
  11. Select "Update database only" and click Submit
  12. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for a message indicating that the update has completed
  13. Delete or rename the /install/ directory
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Also be aware that your phpBB version is 3.0.10, support for which has ended, so the only help we can give you is help in updating your version.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
duchessnukem

Post by duchessnukem »

Thank you for your assistance! The domain name has now expired, so I have that to deal with that first! I've messaged the creator of the site, waiting to hear back...

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”