Word Censor Notifications

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Cohaven

Word Censor Notifications

Post by Cohaven »

As an admin, I would like to receive notifications, email or within-board, if someone makes a post on the forums that contains words that are on the censored list. As a measure to moderate inappropriate behavior. Is there a built in feature for that or an extension?

If this feature doesn't exist, I suppose I could create an extension that watches for a post submission event, scans the text being posted for words from the phpbb_words table, and sends an email to an admin if a match is found. Does that sound about right or is there a better alternative?
david63

Re: Word Censor Notifications

Post by david63 »

There is no built in option to do what you want and I have never heard of an extension to do that either.
Cohaven wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 pm I suppose I could create an extension that watches for a post submission event
Probably easier to look at where the core code checks word censoring and use a phpBB event at that point - if there is one
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Cohaven

Re: Word Censor Notifications

Post by Cohaven »

From what I understood after reading about word censoring, the censoring happens per user, and I don't want the email sent each time a user opens a page with censored content. So doing it on post submission should be more straightforward.

Return to “Extension Requests”