Changed admin password in phpmyadmin - ERROR!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
weedgur79

Changed admin password in phpmyadmin - ERROR!

Post by weedgur79 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi folks,

I have been away from my phpbb forum for some time. Had no idea of the password and so did a little search and saw a method for changing the _users entry for the admin account using the MD5 selection. I did this, then tried to log in and even the index page had gone bad. AT least before the forums worked, I just couldnt log in.

Can someone please help me?
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'weedguru001_forum'@'216.239.136.53' (using password: YES) in /webroot/w/e/weedguru001/weedguru.com/www/forum/config.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_select_db(): No such file or directory in /webroot/w/e/weedguru001/weedguru.com/www/forum/config.php on line 15

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /webroot/w/e/weedguru001/weedguru.com/www/forum/config.php on line 15

Warning: mysql_query(): No such file or directory in /webroot/w/e/weedguru001/weedguru.com/www/forum/config.php on line 17

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /webroot/w/e/weedguru001/weedguru.com/www/forum/config.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /webroot/w/e/weedguru001/weedguru.com/www/forum/config.php:14) in /webroot/w/e/weedguru001/weedguru.com/www/forum/includes/functions.php on line 1949
Return to index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Access denied for user 'weedguru001_forum'@'216.239.136.53' (using password: YES) [1045]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Changed admin password in phpmyadmin - ERROR!

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:25 pm

all of those errors point to problems with your config.php file. there is no part of changing the admin password that should affect the config.php file and you should not have made any edits to it for this process.

please explain exactly what you did when trying to change your password.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

weedgur79

Post by weedgur79 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Thank you for the swift reply.

You have encouraged me to check every spot. And before I tried to change the admin password with the MD5 then change the details routine, I had to update the database password, which means I should have done the same in the damn config file, hence the database username. I shall update that config file then return and hope all is well. Still may need some assistance in changing the admin password!

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Still may need some assistance in changing the admin password!
Did you try to click on the "forgot password" link?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

weedgur79

Post by weedgur79 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Yep, error has gone but the password I changed the admin account to with MD5 selected, has not changed.

I will try the viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2145919.

My database appears to be called weedguru001_forum in phpmyadmin

Underneath there are several _users databases!

I have several databases in my forum database for _users

INSERT INTO phpbb32_users
INSERT INTO weedguru_users
INSERT INTO phpbb_users
INSERT INTO phpbb3_users

I get an error of unknown column in user type and other parts of the query.
Last edited by weedgur79 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:02 pm

That's a topic for phpBB 3.0

No wonder it's not working. It's always highly dangerous to do things in the database without checking on here first.

Do this to make another admin account and then you can change your password in the admin panel.
viewtopic.php?p=14680866#p14680866
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

weedgur79

Post by weedgur79 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 pm

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:45 pm
Still may need some assistance in changing the admin password!
Did you try to click on the "forgot password" link?
Yes the mailing part of my phpbb forum has not worked for a while. Something else I ned to try get sorted out.
Last edited by weedgur79 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weedgur79

Post by weedgur79 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Only the phpbb3_users accepts the sql query.

It adds the entry but to then log in doesnt work still.

And so I try with a different username as I have likely made the admin1 before-

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb3_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'oscar777', 'oscar777', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@yourdomain.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '')
to make an account oscar777 with password admin. Which sql runs and fine, but when I try to log in with those details, no chance.

Is it possible that whilst the above code is working fine, due to the fact that I have numerous _users databases, the PHPBB instal is using an older _users?

yet I cannot run the above command on the older _users databases. The fields are askew.

weedgur79

Post by weedgur79 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:34 pm

My config file points to the phpbb32_ set of tables.

I am finally back IN!

Cheers, folks.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:52 am

I hope you back up your database regularly. Randomly running queries on your database like you have been is a recipe for disaster.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:07 pm

KevC wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:52 am
I hope you back up your database regularly. Randomly running queries on your database like you have been is a recipe for disaster.
Especially if you don't know what you are doing or on what database you should be working on.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”