How to add new menu links

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
garfy

How to add new menu links

Post by garfy »

I forgot how I didi it, you can see the donation button there and other stuff, but I forgot where I added it....can somebody help
THere is also quick menu hamurger button but I dont know where i set the menu items in that
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: How to add new menu links

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what are you talking about? it is like you started in the middle of a conversation that only you were having.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

If I understand your needs correctly then you could use the LMDI Multilinks extension.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
garfy

Post by garfy »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:28 pm what are you talking about? it is like you started in the middle of a conversation that only you were having.

robert
sir the link is in the footer......i want to add new menu links.....can you check....was that done via core or I just added them into template?

I am talking about for example these trio links DonationsAbout UsBoard index
and above that is a hamburger menu...where I added secret facebook group etc.....
I forgot how I did it
Lumpy Burgertushie

that is much better. when you ask for help you have to explain what you are doing/wanting in detail. we can't read your mind.

so, it looks like all of those extra menu items were added using extensions. look in your admin panel customize tab.
manage extensions and/or look for a tab named extensions and see if you don't have at least one and maybe two extensions that allow you to add menu items to the quick links ( hamburger thing ) and /or to the navigation menu.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
garfy

Post by garfy »

This is what I have https://snag.gy/5lRXqh.jpg
Lumpy Burgertushie

ok, there is something wrong somewhere.

when I view your navbar_header.html file there is no sign of the code to produce the extra links you have in the navbar.
that should mean that you have one or more extensions installed to produce those extra menu items. however, you do not show any extensions installed that would do it.

so, I wonder if you are showing the list if extensions from the correct board or something.

did you delete any extensions from the ext folder but not properly uninstall them? is your board running under some type of caching system like cloudfare etc?

robert

garfy

Post by garfy »

no, it i current, i think that the first one is reposnsible for menu items....check the list, but i cant find the settings....
Lumpy Burgertushie

you may be correct about that activity button extension for the ones that are in the second line of the navbar.
however, the ones in the quick link menu I don't believe they come from that extension.

anyway, check that extension in your admin panel and find out if it is the one you used to create any or all of those menu items.

robert

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”