My board just vanished!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
megoomba

My board just vanished!

Post by megoomba »

Hello all! I hope I am posting this in the right area. I hope someone can help me. I’m going to have to apologize in advance as I am not at ALL tech savvy and am having a hard time understanding a lot of the topics on this forum but if someone could help me, I would be forever appreciative!

I have a phpBB forum board that my wife and I use for writing. This morning all of tbe content just VANISHED!! No trace of any of our topics to be seen! I was able to access a chached version of it and almost all of our content is still available there. Phew! But I am wondering if anyone ever had anything similar happen with their boards or any idea how/what could have happened and if anyone knows any way to restore our data!

Thanks in advance! And so sorry I don’t know more about this sort of thing.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: My board just vanished!

Post by Mick »

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Re: My board just vanished!

Post by david63 »

megoomba wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:56 am But I am wondering if anyone ever had anything similar happen
This is not uncommon if it is a "free" board. The people who run free boards just close down without any warning and everyone looses everything. If you have a backup of your database then there is hope otherwise you will probably have lost everything
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”