Getting parsing error in 3.1.10

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Curmudgeon

Getting parsing error in 3.1.10

Post by Curmudgeon »

This usually occurs when I submit for "Preview". I click it a 2nd time and it updates view/post just fine.

phpBB: 3.1.10
Host: Blue Host

Errors: Always these 3 warnings.
-
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 84: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unrecognized character after (?< at offset 38
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 84: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unrecognized character after (?< at offset 54
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 84: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unrecognized character after (?< at offset 35
---

I have reason to think this may be related to the Advance BBCode extension. I tried to go to phpBB 3.2.2 recently but had issues so went back to 3.1.10. When I did I had to go with the 3.1.12 version of BBCode rather than the version I had before for 3.1.10 or whatever compatible version that was.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”