stop email notifications

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
gambr

stop email notifications

Post by gambr »

Hi All,
in our forum we set a "Contact email address" (General -> Email settings).
Recently we get a bunch of delivery failure notifications at that address. It seems that a registered user configured some email notifications but has a no more valid email address. Unfortunately we can not contact him. What should we do to avoid email notifications for that user?

Regards,
Gianni
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: stop email notifications

Post by Brf »

If the user is not valid anymore, just delete him, and retain his posts.
gambr

Post by gambr »

Thanks, this is one option but isn't there any other way to switch off the user notifications (just like it could do from his control panel)?

Regards,
Gianni
david63

Post by david63 »

Another option would be to set up a "dummy", but valid, email account and change the user's email address in the ACP to the dummy account.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

or, administrate that user. look him up in the admin panel, change the settings to whatever you want.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

All you can do there is to change Notifications to Email only, Jabber only, or Both. You can turn off Notifications for replies.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
tojag
Name: Gregory

Post by tojag »

There are users who do not remember that the e-mail address they provided during registration is out of date for various reasons. They write to me that notifications do not work. And I write them back - do you have a valid e-mail address? Another reason to send a reminder from time to time - please update your profile :)
viewtopic.php?f=436&t=2473891

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”