Newly Registered Members

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
BroIgnatius
Name: Bro. John-Paul Ignatius Mary

Newly Registered Members

Post by BroIgnatius »

I have my board set to place new members in the group Newly registered users. But, new members are also automatically placed in the Registered users group, before the set criteria when new users are allowed to be regular users.

While the default group is set to Newly registered users, also having the Registered users group on their account defeats the whole purpose of the New registered users and its restricted access.

What do I need to do to prevent the Registered users group automatically assigned to the user, so that the Newly registered users group is the only group assigned to new members
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Newly Registered Members

Post by Brf »

The "Never" permissions on the NRU group override the "Yes" permissions on the RU group.
cassieve

Post by cassieve »

Hi there. I'm having the same problem (users only have to make 1 post before no longer being considered a NRU though), so I have to make sure I have no "Never" permissions set for Newly registered users?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

The opposite. You need a Never for anything you do not want NRUs to do.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
cassieve

Post by cassieve »

stevemaury wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 am The opposite. You need a Never for anything you do not want NRUs to do.
Thank you, I'll look into it then! (I assume this works the same for 3.2.x as well right? Only realized it was the 3.1.x forum after submitting the reply sorry)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Unless you’ve been messing with the settings the NRU mod queue should work out of the box once you put in the post threshold. Yes, it’s the same with 3.2.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”