[Release] PBTech

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.1.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Suggested Hosts
Cable Player

Re: [Release] PBTech

Post by Cable Player »

Hi, I've just seen in the OP that Prosilver must be active - I've had it deactivated (but still installed) for some time now and haven't noticed any issues. Could there be things I'm missing, or is it fine to leave it deactivated?

Cheers
DEVedit

Post by DEVedit »

How do you change the background image in the header? I tried changing the picture in /theme/images/bg.jpeg but it still shows the old image.

I purged the caches, have load settings setup so it should automatically load, deactivated style, nothing worked.
samden

Post by samden »

DEVedit wrote:How do you change the background image in the header? I tried changing the picture in /theme/images/bg.jpeg but it still shows the old image.

I purged the caches, have load settings setup so it should automatically load, deactivated style, nothing worked.
Change it in CSS ;)
samden

Post by samden »

Quick question,

With this style, I don't seem to be able to see my custom profile fields in viewtopic pages under the users avatars. Not 100% sure its the styles fault (as its my only style) although it is a fresh install of the board so not sure what else it could be! - Any ideas?
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

DEVedit wrote:How do you change the background image in the header? I tried changing the picture in /theme/images/bg.jpeg but it still shows the old image.

Are you sure it's uploaded correctly? Try loading it directly in your browser: http://www.myforum/styles/pbtech/theme/images/bg.jpg
samden wrote:With this style, I don't seem to be able to see my custom profile fields in viewtopic pages under the users avatars. Not 100% sure its the styles fault (as its my only style) although it is a fresh install of the board so not sure what else it could be! - Any ideas?
They are moved to the dropdown menu. Try clicking on a user's avatar (or username). It should show a popup with all the info.
DEVedit

Post by DEVedit »

PayBas wrote:

Are you sure it's uploaded correctly? Try loading it directly in your browser: http://www.myforum/styles/pbtech/theme/images/bg.jpg
I got on today and it uploaded... :mrgreen:
Golamesh

Post by Golamesh »

Great theme! Really solid work so thank you for that. I have couple of questions though, and please bare with me, I'm a phpbb noob..

My previous website, which the forum I'm starting is based on contentwise, had a white and red theme with some dark grey in it. So I thought I would possibly use your theme for the forum I'm starting, but change the colors. Changing the links etc. is no problem, but I can't seem to find where the buttons like "new topic" are located. I can only find some of the other icons. Could you point me in the right direction?

Also, is there a way to use some of the prosilver themed buttons in the pbtech? If so, how?
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Golamesh wrote:...but I can't seem to find where the buttons like "new topic" are located. I can only find some of the other icons. Could you point me in the right direction?
The colors for the buttons are defined here: https://github.com/PayBas/style-PBTech/ ... #L648-L689

The actual icons that are used are defined here: https://github.com/PayBas/style-PBTech/ ... 1462-L1470
Golamesh wrote:Also, is there a way to use some of the prosilver themed buttons in the pbtech? If so, how?
Not really. What you have to understand is that PBTech is actually a child style for PBWoW 3 (but released separately). What this means is that it uses all the CSS of PBWoW 3, and puts an additional layer on top of that (PBTech).

So some CSS rules are located in pbwow.css, and the others in stylesheet.css.

Because PBWoW 3 replaces all the CSS of the prosilver buttons to use FontAwesome (instead of .gif icons), most prosilver buttons will no longer work.

But it should be pretty easy to add more buttons.
Golamesh

Post by Golamesh »

No wonder I wasn't able to find the images for those perticular buttons ;) But yeah, that made a lot of sense and I got it working as I wanted. Thanks a lot!
maciasbarlinek99
Name: Maciej Przyborowski

Post by maciasbarlinek99 »

Can you give me your logo project (I want to make my logo)
noth

Post by noth »

great work but the first thing that hit me when I installed it was the "missing icons"

these are very attractive and to see the index page with just white space where the icons could be is such a shame

I think the "Read Me" might have details on that but is there a really simple guide to having "the icons that are shown in the demo" I would love that :lol:
Attachments
oooo I wish I had these on mine!
oooo I wish I had these on mine!
noth

Post by noth »

found this after searching on http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11714
PayBas wrote:You can simply assign the images by filling in the "forum image" for each forum in the ACP.
Yes, this true. However if you also use prosilver theme, you get double icons.
so, a problem if you do have both styles? I'll have a go :P

are the icons at PBTech_icons_psd.7z? I can't find them? are they in PBTech_icons_psd.7z? how do you extract them then? :D
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

You can get them here, under "additional files".

http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11649#p21680

For the next release I'll change it so it will display normal forum status icons if there is no custom icon defined.
Hand of Shadow

Post by Hand of Shadow »

nice work
maciasbarlinek99
Name: Maciej Przyborowski

Post by maciasbarlinek99 »

maciasbarlinek99 wrote:Can you give me your logo project (I want to make my logo)

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles in Development”