[Release] Aero (phpBB 3.1.10)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.1.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Get Involved
david63

Re: [Release] Aero (phpBB 3.1.3)

Post by david63 »

ninowebs wrote:I have phpBB 3.0.12 , this is compatible ?
thank you
No
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
ninowebs

Post by ninowebs »

ok, tnk,
only version 1.5.0 for me?
Last edited by ninowebs on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick5150

Post by rick5150 »

How can I change the logo background area to plain black #000000

I have a logo that has a black background and even with removing the header_black.png and header_black_rtl.png there is a slight gradient or lighter color, although it looked black until I added my logo. Now the logo is in an obvious black box.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Are you using Aero black? You will have to match the Aero black color to the logo. You can however change the banner in overwrite.css. I have done this. My banner is is named 1.jpg. The code in overwrite.css looks like this:

Code: Select all

body {
	background: #DFDFDF url("./images/bg_black.gif") repeat-x !important;
}

.headerbg {
	background: #0B0B0E url("./images/1.jpg") repeat-x  !important;
}

.headerbar {
	background-image: url("./images/1.jpg") !important;
}

.rtl .headerbar {
	background-image: url("./images/header_black_rtl.png") !important;
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
rick5150

Post by rick5150 »

Yes, I am using the Aero black. I appreciate the help, but no matter how I edit that file, it is not the clean look I am striving for. The back has a gradient and a border and I am just looking for a solid black background.

I thought the answer would be to use a transparent .gif and just let it use whatever background is there, but when I did that, somehow I am getting a border of white which is not around my original image.
rick5150

Post by rick5150 »

Installed the Precise Similar Topics extension and it is not working with my board, although it is showing if I switch to ProSilver. The FAQs for this mod say:
4) Do you use non-default board styles?
It might be possible this extension has a compatibility issue with a 3rd party style. Notify us and the style authors of the possible issue.
I have notified the author of the extension and I am posting here as requested.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

rick5150 wrote:Installed the Precise Similar Topics extension and it is not working with my board, although it is showing if I switch to ProSilver. The FAQs for this mod say:
4) Do you use non-default board styles?
It might be possible this extension has a compatibility issue with a 3rd party style. Notify us and the style authors of the possible issue.
I have notified the author of the extension and I am posting here as requested.
More than likely it is because this style does not inherit from prosilver. If it did you wouldn't have these issues.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
rick5150

Post by rick5150 »

According to this post in this thread, it does...
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

In the download are quite a few template files in the aero directory I am pretty sure, though I haven't checked, that one of them relates to the extension. The extension is looking for specific files in prosilver and subsilver2 not in aero. If aero inherited completely, issues such as these wouldn't occur. The style may not match up from prosilver to aero but the extension would display.

That's one way to solve it, another way is for the extension author to make an "all" template for the extension but that does not guarantee that it will look appropriate for that style ("all" is applicable to any other style that may be installed on the forum other than prosilver and subsilver2).

That's why it shows up in prosilver but not in aero.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
rick5150

Post by rick5150 »

I really do not understand how these things work.

It is frustrating as the extension displays everywhere on the backend. I can see it, activate it and make all kinds of edits to it. I have no idea what files to check.

Since the aero black template is based of the parent aero template, I pointed the aero template to prosilver in the configuration file, but that did not work. I did not try pointing the aero black template to prosilver, but I expect there would not be much difference.

I expect that is why the creator of the extension suggests that I contact the creator of the template as well. If the changes can be made, and the author of the extension is willing to make them, then that would work best for anyone using the template and not just me.
david63

Post by david63 »

If it is any help - I have Precise Similar Topics working just fine with this style
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
rick5150

Post by rick5150 »

Yes, it is a lot of help. Did you have to make any changes whatsoever?
david63

Post by david63 »

rick5150 wrote:Yes, it is a lot of help. Did you have to make any changes whatsoever?
Nothing - "straight out of the box"
David

rick5150

Post by rick5150 »

Damnit. I am using Bluehost and they do not support MyISam or InnoDB.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

So Precise Similar Topics uses the MyISam or InnoDB? You would think it would use Mysql.

Okay, it looks like InnoDB is the engine to Mysql. I would like to try this Precise Similar Topics. I have several extensions and use this theme without trouble.

I use Geekstorge as my host.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles in Development”