[ABD] Faceweb Style for PHPBB 3.1.1

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.1.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Get Involved
borisV

Re: Faceweb Style for PHPBB 3.1.1

Post by borisV » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:45 pm

Meis2M wrote:Hello i see that again and it seems nor support RTL with Google translate yet.

if you use bidi.css in your theme the are many code that help to show RTL language in good way.

i must install my language pack and test it again.

a RTL theme is here:
http://demo.php-bb.ir/3.1/index.php?style=6
I know you are eager, but I am still testing the Google code to see whether as to it's completely useless. Thus, the point is not if I can or can not do what you're requesting me to do, that I can, the point (or lack thereof) is if using Google code to translate pages to Persian is useless.

Do you understand?

Thanks!

B./

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:01 am

from what I see, this is not a question about translating anything. google or otherwise. it is a question of creating the bidi,css file for your style so that it will display right to left instead of left to right.

if done properly it will do that when the user is using a language\ that needs it. it doesn't matter what that language is, it also has nothing to do with translating because the user will have to install the language pack they wish and it will already have been done.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

borisV

Post by borisV » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:56 am

This isn't about what you see, but what I do. I am trying to learn something in here, so please stop assuming (you or anybody) that I don't understand the meaning of the "rtl" acronym, or what kind of code there is in the bidi.css.

If you read what I am replying to the poster (he speaks Persian) and without trying to look for an angle to correct me, you will see that all I want is to know if the Google Translation code is useless for RTL languages (in this case Persian) because of the fact that these languages need to be displayed always from right to left.

Thank you!

B./

borisV

Post by borisV » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:58 am

Changes: I have modified the CSS image resize code used for the main forum image in favor of one that doesn't shrink. There maybe better ways to display the main forum image on smartphones but this is better (to me).

However, if showing the content, namely the forum topics, is more important than showing one's forum image (that may also block view of topic blocks), then one should use the style option.

Thus, this is now the default look:
mobile-responsive.png
mobile-responsive.png (128.93 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
Option:
mobile-responsive-indec-pag.png
Optional
mobile-responsive-indec-pag.png (104.45 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
B./

memo_qx

Post by memo_qx » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Can you give the demo address

borisV

Post by borisV » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:03 pm

As everyone has noted, Faceweb Style 1.0 does not have the Notification and Private Messages links.

First of all, I thought that having the 2 links below the nav bar was redundant (even the ones you see here on PHPBB.com are), so instead, there is a number next to a bell icon.

The number is 0 when there are no notifications, and when you click on it a drop down menu with the lastest notifications are displayed. You can simply click on "marl all read" to clean up the list:
Notifications-Menu.png
Notifications-Menu.png (137.99 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
This is a Facebook generation, there is no reason to believe that the large majority won't understand that a number next to a bell icon means "You've got mail!" :D

B./

borisV

Post by borisV » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:12 pm

memo_qx wrote:Can you give the demo address
I think this is (unofficially) the first style made for PHPBB 3.1. The demo link should appear in the first post when the people running this forum realize that.

B./

darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:36 pm

The people running this forum realize that you have created a style. We, however, do not create and add a demo link for every style in development. You are welcome to create a demo site and add it to the first post. This is the standard, in fact.

Once you feel development has come to a stopping point and everything is as done as you can see, please feel free to submit your style for validation here. And yes, other styles have already been submitted. We do not have any validated styles for 3.1.x to appear in the demo as of this time.
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Meis2M was implying he would handle the actual translations for your, but Yes, Google translate handles RTL languages OK.
persian-trans.jpg
persian-trans.jpg (20.52 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Selection and stuff gets a bit strange in a RTL field though.

memo_qx

Post by memo_qx » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:26 am

i m from turkey
my english not good

your style very good

çok güzel bir tema ellerin dert görmesin

borisV

Post by borisV » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:52 pm

memo_qx wrote:i m from turkey
my english not good

your style very good

çok güzel bir tema ellerin dert görmesin
You are also a brand new account, and while I find it very flattering that the style compelled you to register to PHPBB.com, I just don't see, at this time, enough eyeballs or genuine interest to make it available for download.

B./

SwT-CarbonzZ

Post by SwT-CarbonzZ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:57 am

Yeah i hope there is coming a download and a release.

Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Post by Boardtalk.net » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:15 pm

borisV wrote:... I just don't see, at this time, enough eyeballs or genuine interest to make it available for download.
My eyeballs are all over this going RTL and LTR! :)
Love it and what a clever style... pretty please can you make the download available.
Many thanks,
;)

TWEagle

Post by TWEagle » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:35 pm

I want it too

aka_void
Name: Mark

Post by aka_void » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:29 pm

borisV wrote:....I just don't see, at this time, enough eyeballs or genuine interest to make it available for download.

B./

What was the point of posting the style in this forum if you don't plan to release it? :|

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles in Development”