[Release] DVGFX2 for phpBB 3.1.10

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.1.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Suggested Hosts
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

[Release] DVGFX2 for phpBB 3.1.10

Post by Prosk8er »

Style Name: DVGFX2

Demo: http://styles.gotskillslounge.com/index.php?style=3

Requirements:
- phpBB 3.1.x
- subsilver2 (must be active!) you can get it from https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... 3.1.10.zip

Download: https://github.com/Prosk8er/phpBB3-Styles/tree/master
Last edited by Prosk8er on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: [Release] DVGFX2 for phpBB 3.1.1

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

since subsilver2 is no longer provided in the default phpbb 3.1 download, I would suggest you do not make your style inherit from it. just include all the files that your style needs with your download.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

I did it like that for extensions that have events for subsilver2 so it should be a lil easier to manage. There's 2 in the extensions database atm that have subsilve2 files
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:since subsilver2 is no longer provided in the default phpbb 3.1 download, I would suggest you do not make your style inherit from it. just include all the files that your style needs with your download.

robert
Definitely not. Prosk8er did it exactly as he should have. He used template inheritance to keep his own style nice and small, so its easier to manage (and review). He linked to the subsilver download page and clearly indicated that it is required.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Hi - I am beginner in forum.
I will give my inputs now:

I install styles: DVGFX2 and now I dont get "notifications" at front screen anymore. I mean like, no 2 notifications, or 4 private meassges.

Also, something is wrong, when I want to edit my own post. Something comeing up, about a poll ?

And next one came up. If I test a users permissinons, how to get my own permissions back. No help in user-control-panel ?

Greets

A beginner
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

Grandad wrote:I install styles: DVGFX2 and now I dont get "notifications" at front screen anymore. I mean like, no 2 notifications, or 4 private meassges.
I only link to the notifications in this style this is how it will stay you can always change that yourself
Grandad wrote:Also, something is wrong, when I want to edit my own post. Something comeing up, about a poll ?
works how it should for me
Grandad wrote:And next one came up. If I test a users permissinons, how to get my own permissions back. No help in user-control-panel ?
if you click the acp link in the footer it will bring up a link to restore permissions but the next update of this style later will have a link in the header to restore permissions
Prosk8er

Re: [Release] DVGFX2 for phpBB 3.1.2

Post by Prosk8er »

updated to phpbb 3.1.2 and added restore permissions link in header
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Hi,

I updated to 3.1.2 now, and restore permissions works ;)

But I still have the problem about edit my own posting. But this time I can provide more info.
I have tried this, like 8 - 10 times on both WIN XP and WIN 7 pc.
Always same result.
Windows XP = no problem, I can edit and update.
Windows 7 = It works, but a bit more complicated. I always get this meassage, I need to set a value between 1 - 999 for something about a pull:
Options per user: 0
Run poll for: 0

I then remove/delete the "0" and forum updates my text.

Maybe it is all about my lack of skills in forum. Anyway, this is how I experience it.
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

Grandad wrote:Hi,

I updated to 3.1.2 now, and restore permissions works ;)

But I still have the problem about edit my own posting. But this time I can provide more info.
I have tried this, like 8 - 10 times on both WIN XP and WIN 7 pc.
Always same result.
Windows XP = no problem, I can edit and update.
Windows 7 = It works, but a bit more complicated. I always get this meassage, I need to set a value between 1 - 999 for something about a pull:
Options per user: 0
Run poll for: 0

I then remove/delete the "0" and forum updates my text.

Maybe it is all about my lack of skills in forum. Anyway, this is how I experience it.
your hitting the wrong submit button when editing a post the submit button on the button under the poll options is strictly for the poll options you should be using the submit button above where it says "Upload attachment"

*actually it seems to be a issue when you submit the post it sets the Options per user: from 1 to 0
it's a subsilver2 issue i'll see if I can find the problem and submit a ticket if there isn't one already
Last edited by Prosk8er on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

I found the problem and updated github
also made a ticket and pull request to fix subsilver2 https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-13391
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Nice to know, there was some truth in the problem I had.

Thanks
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

Grandad wrote:Nice to know, there was some truth in the problem I had.

Thanks
it was merged(https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3190) 6 days ago so it should be fixed in subsilver2 for phpBB 3.1.3 till then I'm gonna leave the posting_poll_body.html in this style
deepndark

Post by deepndark »

The demo looks really solid. Hey, when will this style be available for download? Thank you! :D

Edit, if you need a small money support from me, I'd be up to donate a little. Like 10 Dollars.
I just need a solid style without bugs for my new community. Peace_
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

deepndark wrote:The demo looks really solid. Hey, when will this style be available for download? Thank you! :D

Edit, if you need a small money support from me, I'd be up to donate a little. Like 10 Dollars.
if you wanna donate you can at http://gotskillslounge.com/donate.php
it's available for download already you download it through github https://github.com/Prosk8er/phpBB3-Styl ... master.zip and extract the style you want from the zip
deepndark

Post by deepndark »

Prosk8er wrote:
deepndark wrote:The demo looks really solid. Hey, when will this style be available for download? Thank you! :D

if you wanna donate you can at http://gotskillslounge.com/donate.php
it's available for download already you download it through github https://github.com/Prosk8er/phpBB3-Styl ... master.zip and extract the style you want from the zip
Hey, that's great, thanks, I am almost a noob at phpbb, I know how to install but didn't find your link. I'll grab the zip. Expect to get a donation from me today.

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles in Development”