[Release] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.10 (1.4.0)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.1.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Scam Warning
User avatar
Neculai Anisor
Registered User
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm
Location: Renfrew, Renfrewshire, Scotland
Name: Neculai Anișor
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Neculai Anisor » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 am

Oh thanks ...
Image | Romanian Support Team | Animo @ phpBB.ro - Administrator

marcovo
Registered User
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:19 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Marco

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by marcovo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Meis2M wrote:"Modern " because i use the Modern tools like Fontawesome , CSS3 ... and removed the background images and use CSS color instead images ;) so the load of pages is decreased :)
If I'm not mistaken, the current prosilver (for 3.1.* that is) also uses CSS colours instead of images, only using 1 image for the online-banner, and some icons?

User avatar
Meis2M
Translator
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 am
Location: IR.Damghan
Name: میثم نوبری
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Meis2M » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:00 pm

icons, background header and background list...

it is better delete all in prosilver default in next versions ;)
phpBB persian international support
Ultimate SEO Friendly URL - Extension
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM

User avatar
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Posts: 889
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:14 am
Name: Michael Miday
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Hanakin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:41 pm

@Meis2M

Good job can I ask why you are not using the trademarked phpbb logo?

Also , have a look at this PR https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/2794 should help to reduce the amount of server requests for the forum icons if one of your goals is speed enhancements. minus the animation stuff it works fine in all browsers.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

User avatar
Meis2M
Translator
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 am
Location: IR.Damghan
Name: میثم نوبری
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Meis2M » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Hanakin wrote:
Good job can I ask why you are not using the trademarked phpbb logo?

Also , have a look at this PR https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/2794 should help to reduce the amount of server requests for the forum icons if one of your goals is speed enhancements. minus the animation stuff it works fine in all browsers.
Thank u dear Hanakin
after remove the background header image (bg_header.gif) the .gif phpBB logo was ugly because there was no image in background header and CSS replace with image. so i decided use a .png logo instead of .gif.

i like your PR and i will use that for my style in next version.

one of my reason for create this style is:
the default style in phpBB is " prosilver" but it is a blue not silver. so i decided to create a real silver style. i use some modern tools so the name change to Modern-silver :D
phpBB persian international support
Ultimate SEO Friendly URL - Extension
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM

User avatar
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Posts: 889
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:14 am
Name: Michael Miday
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Hanakin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Meis2M wrote: Thank u dear Hanakin
after remove the background header image (bg_header.gif) the .gif phpBB logo was ugly because there was no image in background header and CSS replace with image. so i decided use a .png logo instead of .gif.
hmm this is definitely something we should remedy I will look into this
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

Majkell
Registered User
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Majkell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi
Meis2M I need Your help :oops:
I love Your style modification but want to change avatar position from right to left, Can You help me please :oops: ?

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 66268
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Majkell wrote:Hi
Meis2M I need Your help :oops:
I love Your style modification but want to change avatar position from right to left, Can You help me please :oops: ?
there is an extension in development for this:
https://github.com/Tatiana5/profile_side_switcher
remember, it is still in development so it could change or stop working if things with either it or phpbb change.
however, currently it works perfectly.

the instructions are in the included .md file. I have no idea why there are .md files that are readmes. nothing I have knows what a .md file is. you have to choose your text editor to open them.

robert
I am going to be out of town and off line for a week . see ya when I get back.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Majkell
Registered User
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Majkell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Majkell wrote:Hi
Meis2M I need Your help :oops:
I love Your style modification but want to change avatar position from right to left, Can You help me please :oops: ?
there is an extension in development for this:
https://github.com/Tatiana5/profile_side_switcher
remember, it is still in development so it could change or stop working if things with either it or phpbb change.
however, currently it works perfectly.

the instructions are in the included .md file. I have no idea why there are .md files that are readmes. nothing I have knows what a .md file is. you have to choose your text editor to open them.

robert
Ok I will try this :D
Thanks for reply :)

aosorio
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by aosorio » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Nice style, thank you! :)

Majkell
Registered User
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Majkell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:09 pm

I already try it but it didn't work :oops:
I turn it on in Administration Panel but forum shut down

User avatar
Meis2M
Translator
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 am
Location: IR.Damghan
Name: میثم نوبری
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Meis2M » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:30 pm

Hello

thanks :D

what is the error code when you say shot down?
phpBB persian international support
Ultimate SEO Friendly URL - Extension
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM

Majkell
Registered User
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Majkell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "../theme/pl/profile_side_switcher.css" (looked into: ./styles/Modern-silver/template, ./styles/Modern-silver/theme, ./styles/prosilver/template, ./styles/prosilver/theme) in "@tatiana5_profileSideSwitcher/event/overall_header_head_append.html" at line 30.' in /vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:202 Stack trace: #0 /phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(106): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('../theme/pl/pro...') #1 /vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('../theme/pl/pro...') #2 /phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(187): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('../theme/pl/pro...') #3 /cache/twig/df/d9/721760e34581e4c8fdad0da35819.php(74): phpbb\template\twig\environment->findTemplate('../theme/pl/pro...') #4 /vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php(264): __TwigTemplate_dfd9721760e34581e4c8fdad0da35819->doDisplay(Array, Array) #5 /vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php(238 in /vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 202
This error

User avatar
Meis2M
Translator
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 am
Location: IR.Damghan
Name: میثم نوبری
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by Meis2M » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:29 pm

i think it is better the extension creator come and answer it :D
phpBB persian international support
Ultimate SEO Friendly URL - Extension
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM

User avatar
matu58
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Argentina
Name: Matias Lauriti
Contact:

Re: [Released] Modern-Silver phpBB 3.1.2 - Professional (1.0.2)

Post by matu58 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Hello !!!

It's an awesome style ! But, what "bugs/issues" does currently have ? I want to use it for 3.1.2 and modify (if you allow me) some style things, like forum headers (imgs) and that sort, but only for mine community, not for "repost" or anything like that... Would you allow me ?

I need a new template for 3.1.2 because mine community is about a game called ArmA 3, so, prosilver is not a corrent approach (we used a modified WoW style to meet our "requiremets", more inmersive about the game because is a "war simulator" and prosilver does not help at all with that inmersion on web)...

Is anything bad (because of WIP) that I should not use it as a release ?

Thank you a lot !

Locked

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles in Development”