[RC2] proDVGFX for phpBB 3.1.10

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.1.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Get Involved
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

[RC2] proDVGFX for phpBB 3.1.10

Post by Prosk8er »

Style Name: proDVGFX

Demo: http://styles.gotskillslounge.com/index.php?style=7

Requirements:
- phpBB 3.1.x
- prosilver (must be active!)

Download: https://github.com/Prosk8er/phpBB3-Styles/tree/master

Issues:
N/A
Last edited by Prosk8er on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Grandad

Re: [DEV] proDVGFX for phpBB 3.1.2

Post by Grandad »

Sounds great :D

Would it be possible to have it with build in, Logo Management, so we can put on our own banners in top of forum ?
Prosk8er

Re: [DEV] proDVGFX for phpBB 3.1.2

Post by Prosk8er »

sorry I'm not altering anything just updating
it's easy anyway to change the logo
Prosk8er

Re: [RC] proDVGFX for phpBB 3.1.2

Post by Prosk8er »

changed to RC and is now available for download
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you for working on this style.
It seems there are the same issues (or features) as in DVGFX style:

Some fields are white, which in my opinion doesn't look too good - search, topic title, post editor area, fields and drop down menus in UCP, search options in advanced search...

When you install "Board announcements" official extension and leave the "Board announcement background color" setting empty it should use the default color as a forum rule, but for some reason it doesn't (it uses the same color as prosilver and text on it is almost invisible.) - more info about the changing background color in extension.
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

It'll be fixed soon main thing is getting my styles updated first then fix the lil things
leschek

Post by leschek »

OK. Thank you.
Ninja Scott

Post by Ninja Scott »

Great style. Been a fan for a while. I think that there is a problem with the pre topic tools and the moderator tools.
p2.png
p2.png (5.12 KiB) Viewed 18121 times
p1.png
p1.png (3.75 KiB) Viewed 18121 times
The pop up tools do not work specifically on posts that you authored. They do work on other topics and posts made by other users though. Seems kind of weird.

I tested these out the default prosilver theme on my boards to rule out being some sort of a permission thing. Those work with prosilver.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

Ninja Scott wrote:Great style. Been a fan for a while. I think that there is a problem with the pre topic tools and the moderator tools.
p2.png
p1.png
The pop up tools do not work specifically on posts that you authored. They do work on other topics and posts made by other users though. Seems kind of weird.

I tested these out the default prosilver theme on my boards to rule out being some sort of a permission thing. Those work with prosilver.

thanks for reporting the issue I do see it happening on my test site and will look into it asap
Ninja Scott

Post by Ninja Scott »

Something else I noticed which isn't near as big of an issue as my last post is this:
prod1.png
prod1.png (3.9 KiB) Viewed 17834 times
Do you know how I can fix that? That gap by the menu buttons only appears when my browser window is maximized on my wide screen monitor.

Like I said though not a big deal. Was just curious for my OCD sake.
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

Ninja Scott wrote:Something else I noticed which isn't near as big of an issue as my last post is this:
prod1.png
Do you know how I can fix that? That gap by the menu buttons only appears when my browser window is maximized on my wide screen monitor.

thanks again i'll add it to the to fix list in first post
Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

Nice style and I like it especially the responsive mini-tabs that Ninja Scott posted. 8-)

Have you consider to add other text colors instead of the red text color similar to this style demo?

I'm also curious why the thread icon for both global announcement and normal announcement needs to be exactly the same.

Sometimes it's a little confusing, because if there are a couple of both announcement types posted when viewing threads in a category for any forums+subforums at least it's for me.

It would be much easier to notice a normal announcement if there were a news paper icon for normal announcement, but the globe icon for a global announcement doesn't need to be changed though.

I'm looking forward to see the result on a live board. :D
My local forum: egetforum.nu - Offline Forum Online!
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

Ancient Viking wrote:Nice style and I like it especially the responsive mini-tabs that Ninja Scott posted. 8-)

Have you consider to add other text colors instead of the red text color similar to this style demo?

I'm also curious why the thread icon for both global announcement and normal announcement needs to be exactly the same.

Sometimes it's a little confusing, because if there are a couple of both announcement types posted when viewing threads in a category for any forums+subforums at least it's for me.

It would be much easier to notice a normal announcement if there were a news paper icon for normal announcement, but the globe icon for a global announcement doesn't need to be changed though.

I'm looking forward to see the result on a live board. :D
Sorry I won't be changing anything I plan to leave it how the original author had it. I'll only fix the bugs that where mentioned. If you wanted to change the red just find that color in the css and replace it
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

Ninja Scott wrote:Something else I noticed which isn't near as big of an issue as my last post is this:
prod1.png

just fixed this issue the original image was 1200px X 25px I changed it to 1920px X 25px
so grab proDVGFX/theme/images/bg_tabs3t.png from https://github.com/Prosk8er/phpBB3-Styles
then purge the cache in the acp and browser
Ninja Scott wrote:Great style. Been a fan for a while. I think that there is a problem with the pre topic tools and the moderator tools.
p2.png
p1.png

fixed grab proDVGFX/theme/colours.css from github
Ninja Scott

Post by Ninja Scott »

Prosk8er wrote:...
just fixed this issue the original image was 1200px X 25px I changed it to 1920px X 25px
so grab proDVGFX/theme/images/bg_tabs3t.png from https://github.com/Prosk8er/phpBB3-Styles
then purge the cache in the acp and browser
fixed grab proDVGFX/theme/colours.css from github
Great work thanks for getting those issues fixed.

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles in Development”