[Release] Aluminoid_PRO

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.1.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Suggested Hosts
User avatar
Thunderbolt10031
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 am
Name: Tyler Brasher

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO (3.1.5 - 3.1.9)

Post by Thunderbolt10031 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:23 am

CarpCharacin wrote:Do you plan to update this to work with phpbb 3.2?
A good possibility, though it really depends on if I get time and don't forget. I'll try to get it updated, but no promises on it getting updated very soon.
Tyler

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO (3.1.5 - 3.1.9)

Post by Hippie459MN » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Would love to see this carried over to 3.2. I have been using this for a long time now and its been one of my favorite themes.

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO (3.1.5 - 3.1.9)

Post by Hippie459MN » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:22 am

I dont know how you have updated this style or what version of the style you started with but I was going to update this to 3.1.10 for myself personally and the 3.1.5 version is actually all phpBB 3.1.0 prosilver code and has none of the 3.1.5 core code changes. I havent looked at the 3.1.8 code much at all but I know its missing pretty much every single event that has been added.

Like I said, I was going to update for myself as I updated my forum finally but man, this style was not updated properly at all. :(

User avatar
Thunderbolt10031
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 am
Name: Tyler Brasher

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO (3.1.5 - 3.1.9)

Post by Thunderbolt10031 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:35 am

Hippie459MN wrote:I dont know how you have updated this style or what version of the style you started with but I was going to update this to 3.1.10 for myself personally and the 3.1.5 version is actually all phpBB 3.1.0 prosilver code and has none of the 3.1.5 core code changes. I havent looked at the 3.1.8 code much at all but I know its missing pretty much every single event that has been added.

Like I said, I was going to update for myself as I updated my forum finally but man, this style was not updated properly at all. :(
I know, I realized that a few months ago. I just haven't really had any time to fix this and update it for the latest versions. I might get around it sometime, but I don't think it will be soon, unless I get time. All you should need is the new templates and such from prosilver, and replace the outdated ones in my packages, and it should work without an issue. Just leave the images folder and CSS files alone and you shouldn't have a problem with the new templates. Try that, and if it doesn't work and breaks something, let me know and I'll try to work on it.



Edit: Scratch what I said above, it would be better to make this a child of prosilver. If you know how to do this, then everything will work perfectly. It's pretty easy to do this, actually it might be easy enough for me to do right now.
Tyler

User avatar
Thunderbolt10031
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 am
Name: Tyler Brasher

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO (3.1.5 - 3.1.9)

Post by Thunderbolt10031 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:01 am

Hippie459MN wrote:I dont know how you have updated this style or what version of the style you started with but I was going to update this to 3.1.10 for myself personally and the 3.1.5 version is actually all phpBB 3.1.0 prosilver code and has none of the 3.1.5 core code changes. I havent looked at the 3.1.8 code much at all but I know its missing pretty much every single event that has been added.

Like I said, I was going to update for myself as I updated my forum finally but man, this style was not updated properly at all. :(
I just modified the style to feed off of prosilver, so the template files stay up to date. Hopefully this will work properly for the ones with extension issues. Go to the OP and there are links for 3.1.6 and 3.1.10. Test them out and tell me what happens. Soon I'll take a look at phpBB 3.2 and see what it will take to make this compatible for 3.2. ;)
Tyler

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Hippie459MN » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:31 am

Ok, i replaced the outdated files with the new 3.1.10 template files and I also updated the CSS files with the 3.1.10 changes (I didnt change anything that was different than the original prosilver theme so it wouldnt break the style at all) and seems to be working fine and now I have a few extension that are working properly. If you want I can send you what I have updated so you can look em over.

EDIT: I just seen your reply. I will check it out. Did you update the CSS files at all also? If not I have the updated files that seem to be working perfect.

Again, thank you! This has been one of my favorite styles yet. :)

User avatar
Thunderbolt10031
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 am
Name: Tyler Brasher

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Thunderbolt10031 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:34 am

Hippie459MN wrote:Ok, i replaced the outdated files with the new 3.1.10 template files and I also updated the CSS files with the 3.1.10 changes (I didnt change anything that was different than the original prosilver theme so it wouldnt break the style at all) and seems to be working fine and now I have a few extension that are working properly. If you want I can send you what I have updated so you can look em over.
Well I just updated it myself actually lol. Oh well no harm done... at least it's working now.

Note:
Just opened a new sub-domain for phpBB 3.2, so I'll probably have this style working on 3.2 very soon for those who are testing 3.2.
Last edited by Thunderbolt10031 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Hippie459MN » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 am

Excellent! This style just got even better and now it will be easy as ever to keep updated and will work with extensions much much better.

Great work and THANK YOU!

User avatar
Thunderbolt10031
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 am
Name: Tyler Brasher

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Thunderbolt10031 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:38 am

Hippie459MN wrote:Excellent! This style just got even better and now it will be easy as ever to keep updated and will work with extensions much much better.

Great work and THANK YOU!
No problem! Glad you like it.
Tyler

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Hippie459MN » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:30 am

Well, its been a few days and im happy top report that everything is working perfectly so far. :)

User avatar
Thunderbolt10031
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 am
Name: Tyler Brasher

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Thunderbolt10031 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:42 am

Hippie459MN wrote:Well, its been a few days and im happy top report that everything is working perfectly so far. :)
Well that's good to hear! Thanks for sticking around! ;)
Tyler

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Hippie459MN » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:52 am

Please tell me you will update this for 3.2.0 :)

I dont want top give up this style. lol

User avatar
Thunderbolt10031
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 am
Name: Tyler Brasher

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Thunderbolt10031 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:01 am

Hippie459MN wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:52 am
Please tell me you will update this for 3.2.0 :)

I dont want top give up this style. lol
When I get the time, I will. I'm working on a project with a few friends so I can't really work on it at the moment. Alternatively, you can probably just use prosilver SE for a temporary solution.
Tyler

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO

Post by Hippie459MN » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Right on. Thank you.

Post Reply

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests