[Release] Aluminoid_PRO

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.1.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
null2

Re: [Release] Aluminoid_PRO (3.1.5 - 3.1.9)

Post by null2 »

Try to install these extensions above and you will see bugs without "parent = prosilver" option.
Sorry for my bad english. I'm from USA.
Thunderbolt10031
Name: Tyler Brasher

Post by Thunderbolt10031 »

null2 wrote:Try to install these extensions above and you will see bugs without "parent = prosilver" option.
I know, you have to configure it to work right. I'm just saying that this style shouldn't have a compatibility issue at all.
Tyler
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

I looked a few of the extensions that you listed and I can tell you your problem right off the bat. Not a single one of them has an "all" folder in the styles folder. They are named "prosilver" Change the name of the "prosilver" folder to "all" and then purge the cache for your board in the ACP. If the style directory does have an "all" folder and its still not working correctly, then copy the entire contents of the "prosilver" folder to the "all" folder. Super simple and wont break everything. I am running a few extensions you have listed and I am not having any issues with them what so ever simply by changing a folder name.
null2

Post by null2 »

I have a lot of extensions. These are just a few ones.

I have found a simply solution: I edited style.cfg (in style folder) and set "parent = prosilver".

Problem solved, without changes in any extension.

===========

I still have problems in "smilies scroll box" and "Google Search & Site Verification" extensions. So, I gave up to use this style.
Thunderbolt10031

null2 wrote:I have a lot of extensions. These are just a few ones.

I have found a simply solution: I edited style.cfg (in style folder) and set "parent = prosilver".

Problem solved, without changes in any extension.

===========

I still have problems in "smilies scroll box" and "Google Search & Site Verification" extensions. So, I gave up to use this style.
Well if those extensions aren't working, then they aren't compatible with your phpBB install. This style is compbatible with everything.

Can you be more specific about what issues are happening, like maybe a few screen caps?
Tyler
david63

Post by david63 »

Hippie459MN wrote:Change the name of the "prosilver" folder to "all"
You should not change the name of prosilver to all. The "all" folder is for style items that are common to all styles such as .js files. The "prosilver" (or any other style name) contain style files that are specific for that style.

What you should do is copy the "prosilver" folder and rename it to the name of this style.

I am not sure why this style is including all the files when
Thunderbolt10031 wrote:t's literally prosilver in grey.
- the style should be created as a "child" style of prosilver with just the changed files included (which is why extensions are working when the parent is entered). That way you do not have to change every file when there is an updated version of phpBB.

Just having looked at a couple of files I notice that you already have problems with missing events which will not help with extensions.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Thunderbolt10031

david63 wrote: I am not sure why this style is including all the files when
Thunderbolt10031 wrote:t's literally prosilver in grey.
- the style should be created as a "child" style of prosilver with just the changed files included (which is why extensions are working when the parent is entered). That way you do not have to change every file when there is an updated version of phpBB.

Just having looked at a couple of files I notice that you already have problems with missing events which will not help with extensions.
I posted it in its entirety because I didn't want it to be intertwined with another style. Thats just how I wanted it. When I started I wanted it to be complete.

Uhh... what do you mean by missing events?
Tyler
david63

Post by david63 »

Thunderbolt10031 wrote:Uhh... what do you mean by missing events?
You have some missing template events that have probably been added since you started on the style. The way you are working with this style means that you will have to add any new events on each update/upgrade. Doing it this way is just making more work for yourself, extension developers and end users.
Thunderbolt10031 wrote: posted it in its entirety because I didn't want it to be intertwined with another style. Thats just how I wanted it. When I started I wanted it to be complete.
I think you are missing the point - the whole concept of phpBB 3.1 is that you create a "child" style based on another style (usually prosilver) and just change the minimum files that are necessary to make your style.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Thunderbolt10031

david63 wrote:
Thunderbolt10031 wrote:Uhh... what do you mean by missing events?
You have some missing template events that have probably been added since you started on the style. The way you are working with this style means that you will have to add any new events on each update/upgrade. Doing it this way is just making more work for yourself, extension developers and end users.
Thunderbolt10031 wrote: posted it in its entirety because I didn't want it to be intertwined with another style. Thats just how I wanted it. When I started I wanted it to be complete.
I think you are missing the point - the whole concept of phpBB 3.1 is that you create a "child" style based on another style (usually prosilver) and just change the minimum files that are necessary to make your style.
I think I understand what you are talking about on events. Are you saying I'm updating things and not posting about it? If that's what you are saying, then you are wrong. This style is still original and only updated for new phpBB versions. I haven't changed anything in it since I released it.

On the other side... If having it complete and not relying on Prosilver is going to be an issue, then I'll change it when I have time.

I really don't plan on doing anything else in this version of the style because I'm already making plans on making version 2.0 which is going to be very different from what it is now, but it will keep the same feel, just different layout.
Tyler
david63

Post by david63 »

Thunderbolt10031 wrote:Are you saying I'm updating things and not posting about it? If that's what you are saying, then you are wrong.
I'm not saying that you are posting about it - I am saying that your template files are not up to date with the current version (3.1.9). I have just done a diff on viewtopic_body.html and there are 19 events missing from your file together with five other differences which I accept may be deliberate as part of the style.

You simply cannot create a style without the template events in it otherwise extensions will not work.

From what I have seen of this style I would not recommend anyone to use it in its current state.
David

Thunderbolt10031

david63 wrote:
Thunderbolt10031 wrote:Are you saying I'm updating things and not posting about it? If that's what you are saying, then you are wrong.
I'm not saying that you are posting about it - I am saying that your template files are not up to date with the current version (3.1.9). I have just done a diff on viewtopic_body.html and there are 19 events missing from your file together with five other differences which I accept may be deliberate as part of the style.

You simply cannot create a style without the template events in it otherwise extensions will not work.

From what I have seen of this style I would not recommend anyone to use it in its current state.
Ohhhh myyyy god... I did not know that. Thanks for informing me.
So all I need to do is just remove the template folder and set parent to Prosilver and it will work just fine right?
Tyler
david63

Post by david63 »

Thunderbolt10031 wrote:So all I need to do is just remove the template folder and set parent to Prosilver and it will work just fine right?
It should do, but if you do have some legitimate changes to template files then you would need to include them. There is nothing to prevent you from changing template files but they must be compatible in respect of events
David

null2

Post by null2 »

david63 wrote:You simply cannot create a style without the template events in it otherwise extensions will not work.

Thanks God you are here to explaim that for him, david63. I couldnt.

Thats the reason because I gave up to use this style. It wont work with some extensions, even setting "parent = prosilver" because some events are missing.
Thunderbolt10031

null2 wrote:
david63 wrote:You simply cannot create a style without the template events in it otherwise extensions will not work.

Thanks God you are here to explaim that for him, david63. I couldnt.

Thats the reason because I gave up to use this style. It wont work with some extensions, even setting "parent = prosilver" because some events are missing.
Well just use something else for now. I'll fix it In a week or so hopefully if I have time. I'll let y'all know when I fix it.

I didn't know that the templates were updated. If I knew I would have updated them or just let Prosilver take over that part.
Tyler
CarpCharacin
Name: James

Post by CarpCharacin »

Do you plan to update this to work with phpbb 3.2?

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles in Development”