style edits to responsive prosilver etc

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Scam Warning
noth

style edits to responsive prosilver etc

Post by noth »

this is a quote from another thread where talk of doing edits to 3.1 boards has reminded me of a question I wanted to ask
Survival Bill wrote:minor edits will always happen such as things like header images and meta tag tweaks nothing major but would be nice if changing the header image was just a pick different header and upload inside admin...
I do like the look up top here that big wad of blue on the plan jane version has got to go!

I am looking forward to the final product to see what goodies are gonna get made for us...
the standard prosilver that we will see in 3.1 has been lauded as so good for mobile phone users, ipad etc which is obviously a massive plus for your users, great! :D it's quite possible that the new 3.1 styles e.g PBWOW3 will also have impressive responsive performance too

what worries me is that many Admins (as posted by Survival Bill) love to start editing the styles for their own sites. Adding a header image is the most typical edit but how far can we go? if that header image is 900 across will the prosilver style STILL continue to be responsive? what if the image is 1500 across? what are the limits on what we can do to these Styles so that they will still remain responsive?

I know the easy way to find out is just look at a smart mobile phone and check what it looks like, well my continuing problem is that I don't have a mobile phone at all

even when I installed the excellent 3.0 Artodia : Mobile I had to ask a mate at work if I could use his smart phone the next day to see the forums I had enstalled it on - I was very happy to see it was all working great

But having some discussion or parameters on what the limits of editing are before the "responsiveness" is ruined would be helpful I think :P
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: style edits to responsive prosilver etc

Post by Oyabun1 »

3.1 is the same as 3.0, questions about styles do not go in the Support forum. General questions about styles, should be in [3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Khaos-Rage

Post by Khaos-Rage »

If you click inspect element in either Chrome or Firefox there are buttons that toggle a responsive website viewer. Chrome calls it Toggle Device Mode. Firefox calls it Responsive Design Mode. They both do the same thing.

Firefox
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_6.png (451.61 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
Chrome
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (308.99 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
noth

Post by noth »

wow didn't know about that, ok great info :) cheers
Survival Bill

Post by Survival Bill »

looks great on the cell image does not show up thats just fine dont think it needs to anyways...

Thanks guys awesome!

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”