phpBB 3.1.1 Style Changes

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Get Involved
naderman
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Nils Adermann

phpBB 3.1.1 Style Changes

Post by naderman » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:07 am

prosilver:

Code: Select all

diff --git a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_email.html b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_email.html
index 865f0b8..e848844 100644
--- a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_email.html
+++ b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_email.html
@@ -77,10 +77,12 @@
 			<span>{L_EMAIL_BODY_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
 			<dd><textarea class="inputbox" name="message" id="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="4">{MESSAGE}</textarea></dd>
 		</dl>
+		<!-- IF S_REGISTERED_USER -->
 		<dl>
 			<dt>&nbsp;</dt>
 			<dd><label for="cc_email"><input type="checkbox" name="cc_email" id="cc_email" value="1" checked="checked" tabindex="5" /> {L_CC_EMAIL}</label></dd>
 		</dl>
+		<!-- ENDIF -->
 		</fieldset>
 	</div>

subsilver2:

diff --git a/phpBB/styles/subsilver2/template/memberlist_email.html b/phpBB/styles/subsilver2/template/memberlist_email.html
index 13ff4ba..b52513c 100644
--- a/phpBB/styles/subsilver2/template/memberlist_email.html
+++ b/phpBB/styles/subsilver2/template/memberlist_email.html
@@ -66,6 +66,7 @@
 		<td class="row1" valign="top"><b class="genmed">{L_MESSAGE_BODY}</b><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_EMAIL_BODY_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
 		<td class="row2"><textarea class="post" name="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3">{MESSAGE}</textarea></td>
 	</tr>
+	<!-- IF S_REGISTERED_USER -->
 	<tr>
 		<td class="row1" valign="top"><span class="gen"><b>{L_OPTIONS}</b></span></td>
 		<td class="row2">
@@ -77,6 +78,7 @@
 			</table>
 		</td>
 	</tr>
+	<!-- ENDIF -->
 	<tr>
 		<td class="cat" colspan="2" align="center"><input type="submit" tabindex="6" name="submit" class="btnmain" value="{L_SEND_EMAIL}" /></td>
 	</tr>
Attachments
prosilver_changes_3.1.0_to_3.1.1.diff
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
subsilver2_changes_3.1.0_to_3.1.1.diff
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
I appreciate gifts from my Amazon wishlist.
naderman.de twitter: @naderman

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: phpBB 3.1.1 Style Changes

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:31 am

what is one supposed to do with a "diff" file? I have been doing this stuff for a long time and I have no idea what a diff file does. I also can make no sense out of what you posted for the changes above.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:15 am

Thanks ;)
If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
phpBB International Support Team (Spanish - Español) :flag_es: Online Since 2003 - 15th anniversary
🎨phpBB Professional Premium Themes🔥
Author Translations (Spanish - Spain) :two_hearts:

:warning: I don't support those without the copyright Spanish translation. :warning:

Hanakin
Infrastructure Team Member
Infrastructure Team Member
Name: Michael Miday

Post by Hanakin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:00 am

Lumpy try using google http://git-scm.com/docs/git-diff simply put its a file you can use via command line to make the changes.

Stoker 4.0
Name: Ulrik Christensen

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:44 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:what is one supposed to do with a "diff" file? I have been doing this stuff for a long time and I have no idea what a diff file does. I also can make no sense out of what you posted for the changes above.

robert
Im with you, again :)
Marshalrusty posted this link in another thread: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/compare/ ... ease-3.1.1
Click the "Files Changed" link.
I think its easier to work with 8-)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:51 pm

Hanakin wrote:Lumpy try using google http://git-scm.com/docs/git-diff simply put its a file you can use via command line to make the changes.
Ok,
most people have no idea what "git" is or how to use it. I have only recently even gone to the site to see what it is and still have no idea.

therefore, giving out "diff" files to people in support posts seems a little odd as most people don't even know how to use one.

saying it is a file to use in a command line tells me nothing. the only command line I know anything about is when I need to access certain functions of my windows computer.

We are constantly being accused of being too technical with advice to newbies around here and this is one place I have to agree.

sorry, just a rant.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

marcovo
Name: Marco

Post by marcovo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:48 pm

@Robert:

In short, the command diff fileA.html fileB.html compares the two files, and outputs what lines in the files are different. There are many options for modifying how the diff output will be formatted.

Taking the above diff's, the old file (fileA.html, or here it is /styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_email.html in the old version, called 'a') looks like this (notice not the entire file is shown):

<dd><textarea class="inputbox" name="message" id="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="4">{MESSAGE}</textarea></dd>
       </dl>
       <dl>
          <dt>&nbsp;</dt>
          <dd><label for="cc_email"><input type="checkbox" name="cc_email" id="cc_email" value="1" checked="checked" tabindex="5" /> {L_CC_EMAIL}</label></dd>
       </dl>
       </fieldset>
    </div>
And the new file (fileB.html, here the same file, however in the new version, called 'b') looks like this:

</dl>
      <!-- IF S_REGISTERED_USER -->
       <dl>
          <dt>&nbsp;</dt>
       </dl>
      <!-- ENDIF -->
       </fieldset>
    </div>
As you can see, the only changes are the addition of the lines <!-- IF S_REGISTERED_USER --> and <!-- ENDIF -->, hence the + before those lines in the diff-file.

See also: http://www.unixtutorial.org/2008/02/com ... sing-diff/
and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff_utility#Usage
These pages use different options than the diff shown in the opening post here, but the explanation is still quite clear. Just read '>' as '+' and '<' as '-'. The man page on diff might also help:
http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?diff

Notice that there are programs that provide the possibility to make diff's on windows. I don't know which are good ones however. You'll just have to start experimenting with it a bit, and try a few options (-r, -u, -p, -N, -w are the ones I know by heart, so those might be among the most useful ones).

A mod might consider moving this to a topic of it's own :P .

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:47 am

I know, I ran this way off topic and I appreciate the responses. the last thing I will say about it here;

I have never even seen a computer with *nix on it much less do I know anything about how to use it. I would assume that probably 95% of the phpbb users are the same. if that is true then why would people be providing diff files without at least explaining that this is unix stuff.

thanks
robert

mamba

Post by mamba » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:04 am

Last edited by mamba on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using 3.2, PHP version 7, MySQL 5.5, Host: hostgator shared Linux, Style: Prosilver

marcovo
Name: Marco

Post by marcovo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:50 am

Now I'm interested Robert. Seeing your post count & signature, I believe you've been doing loads of stuff with phpBB. How did you ever manage this without using something like diff? E.g. how do you update your own scripts when a new version is released?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:12 pm

In phpbb2 they offered text files for the updates if I remember correctly. they were just like the old mod format.
open/find/edit etc.

In phpbb3 I have always done the updates by hand or simply replaced files. I don't use nix, never have.
When you say command line to me I remember DOS or the command line function in current windows as I am sure most people these days do.

robert

naderman
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Nils Adermann

Post by naderman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Diffs aren't a *nix thing. There are GUI tools on windows. You can generate them on the windows command line. Diffs are simply the standard way for generating and exchanging differences between text files.
I appreciate gifts from my Amazon wishlist.
naderman.de twitter: @naderman

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 pm

I bow to your superior knowledge about this but all the research I did yesterday pointed to .diff files being related to being used from git and that all related to unix stuff.

anyway, thanks for the info people, I have no need to use any of this. I was only concerned with the majority of people not knowing what to do with a .diff file when supporters point them to one when offering help. I figured if I didn't know what to do with it then most new users wouldn't either.

robert

MrC
Name: Ivo

Post by MrC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:22 am

Open the .diff in notepad++ and it will show exactly what and where files have been changed.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:31 am

yes, I did that and there are no instructions telling you what any of the text in that file means. I assumed that the pluses and minuses meant add and subtract but it really does not make any sense if you have never used it before.

robert

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”