Placing Image as separator for Categories Blocks

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Anti-Spam Guide
Talk19Zehn

Re: Placing Image as separator for Categories Blocks

Post by Talk19Zehn » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Okay, the height of your graphic of 100px is quite fierce. Maybe you like to adjust that?

BTW: When you like change yor "Link-Menu", because it´s not designed for this style ... :?:

Look, search in overall_header.html and find <!-- EVENT overall_header_content_before -->

add after: example, my small idea

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
				<div class="navbar">
					<ul class="linklist">
						<li class="rightside small-icon icon-register"><a href="#" title="">Link</a></li>
						<li class="rightside small-icon icon-register"><a href="#" title="">Link</a></li>
					</ul>
				</div>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

Fill the placeholder, set the title-Attribut and change inside perhaps more ..... (IF-Statements, icon-register).

A previous backup please do not (and/or never) forget.
World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Weather - Climate - Water
BTW: My own works - phpBB - read more: ongray-design-de or look here: phpBB VT Theme

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:01 pm

Finally got this nailed down.

It was in the end an extensions, and one I would not have given a second look at.
It is the Collapsible Forum Categories Extension

I found that it will knock out Arty's code in all forum styles, including the default prosilver :/

I will be sending them a bug notice.

As of right my forums is closer to what I am looking to obtain.
I will be taking Talk19Zehn 's advise and reducing either image in some way or space padding.

Additionally I will be looking for a hard-code solution to the collapsible Forums Using this tutorial, we shall see if it works.

Thank you Talk19Zehn and Arty for your time and tireless patients with me

will advised in hard code collapsible categories work with Category separation.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:11 pm

It does not "knock out" prosilver. If it did it wouldn't have been approved in the customization database. Extensions are only "required" to be install-able on prosilver.

I'm not completely sure on where it is you want that graphic to display. Bottom of a forum category or the top?
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:01 am

Greetings RMcGirr83 ... grateful to hear from you. :)
I utilize many of the extensions you have created and collaborated on, I and my Guild thank you <3

I am fully aware of the requirements of all extensions to properly work with Prosilver (Default Style) and be code check prior to approval....which creates for a long and sometimes difficult process.

But I have checked :/
with my currents styles and Prosilver.

Utilizing the following code:

Code: Select all

.forabg + .forabg::before {
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    top: -100px;
    height: 100px;
    background: url("./images/betweencatimage.png") 50% 50% no-repeat;
}
.forabg + .forabg {
    margin-top: 100px;
    position: relative;
}
and the image in the first post.

By placing the code in either the common.css (pic a style) or additional.css (added styles) (both recommended) it works to place image between Category Blocks.

Whether the image appeared at the top or bottom was not even a consideration, or even if it could be considered. I am no programmer, and am just starting to get all this figured out!

Once I then add the Collapsible extension and activate it. the image is gone and the categories default back to some (unknown by me) default predefined padding between categories on all tested Styles.
The Collapsible Extensions works as promised (and I have been using for many months now on an old style that is no longer supported and beyond my capabilities to bring up to date or fix) :D
Just knocks out the graphics I have added as a category Separator

Tested Styles:
  • Prosilver (Default Style from PHPBB)
    Honor
    Conan
    xmasgold (Which can be found here at these forums)
This is all I know after having tested this on 3 different styles + The default Prosilver Style.
Turning off all extensions, modifying the codes (again) and then turning on one extensions at a time.
Once the Collapsible extension was verified through extensions (On/off) trial and error, I restored all other styles to their original codes via back ups, and kept the above code and image for the style I am working on.

I can re-work the Trial and Error scenario and supply Images if needed, but will take time.

If you have any questions let me know.

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:33 am

@ RMcGirr83

Ya know, you have just given me something additional to think about.

I have been working with this from the point of the styles code.
Tomorrow, I will take a look and see about modifying the Extensions code, and see if there be a fix that through the extension over the style.

I have been modifying extension code for 3 weeks now in order to get a color and graphical match match to the style I have chosen, why not the same with the Collapsible Extension (???)

will get back with my findings.

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:43 am

Hello, I also conclude that the code of Arty causing a conflict into the extension "Collapsible Forum Categories". The image is displayed only -my personal results- under the the last category (1 image output) I can not find the reason. :?

With this code, see edit ->...Another way - example, not a finished code .... TEST
, this extension works.

BTW: :cry:
Are you sure that it is only this one extension that make(s) mistake(s)? You have much rebuilt and some of it is not yet matched...., - is that correct?

Regards

Edit: Another part, read this ... for small images ... :?:
viewtopic.php?p=14044101#p14044101
World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Weather - Climate - Water
BTW: My own works - phpBB - read more: ongray-design-de or look here: phpBB VT Theme

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Talk19Zehn wrote: BTW: :cry:
Are you sure that it is only this one extension that make(s) mistake(s)? You have much rebuilt and some of it is not yet matched...., - is that correct?
That is correct.
The work I am doing and that you ares seeing is on a test (Sandbox) site.
None of this has been implemented in a "Live" and active site.

I still have a lot of work to do ;)

I am going through one extension at a time, verifying code and then tweaking to match the style look.
if there are other extensions creating errors, I have yet to find them.
Only 4 extensions on the page we are working on are RC or Beta.

If there are approved extensions creating error or conflict towards the established encoding....I am not catching it yet

I just did a massive clean up of extensions yesterday, and clear cache.....
So there may be few errors to observe.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:27 pm

You shouldn't use RC or Beta extensions on a live forum.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:35 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:You shouldn't use RC or Beta extensions on a live forum.
agreed

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”