3D Buttons....

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Suggested Hosts
aeneas1

3D Buttons....

Post by aeneas1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:53 am

i've been trying my hand at a bit of style customization but i've run into a wall with the 3d save, preview, submit posting buttons as well as the bbc code buttons... i'm shooting for a flat look and so far so good, am getting there pretty easily, but i can't nix the 3d effect of the aforementioned buttons... i thought, like other elements, that the 3d effect for these buttons was created using css shadow/border code, which i've easily removed from other elements to give them a flat look, but that doesn't seem to be the case? are these buttons actually 3d images and, if so, where are they located? thanks very much!

Rahber
Former Team Member
Name: Rahber

Re: 3D Buttons....

Post by Rahber » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:44 am

Nop. They are all CSS.

Code: Select all

a.button1:hover, input.button1:hover, a.button2:hover, input.button2:hover, input.button3:hover {
    border-color: #BC2A4D;
    color: #BC2A4D;
}

Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:52 am

Look for .button in css to find gradient
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework

aeneas1

Post by aeneas1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:25 pm

thanks for the replies guys....

my:

a.button1:hover, input.button1:hover, a.button2:hover, input.button2:hover, input.button3:hover {
border-color: #BC2A4D;
color: #BC2A4D; }

code only has an entry for color:, nothing else, as i've removed the border code for it and most of the other elements in an effort to get a completely flat look, but the buttons i mentioned persisted, while all of the others elements gave me no problem.... but thanks to your replies, i redoubled my effort and discovered that a color.css file trumped the main css file i was working with and continued to show the borders.... once i edited the color.css file everything worked as i had hoped, thanks again!

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”