SOLVED: Fixing and aligning tables columns in a style

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Anti-Spam Guide
papaformigas

Post by papaformigas » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:24 am

Hi Iam trying to use a style "we_universal" and I am changing with it to make it show the TOIPC and POST instead of the STATISTICS in the index page of the forum.

I have messed a bit the code but I made the table like this in the picture bellow:
style phpbb.jpg
I now ask how can I order the columns to be all aligned with the columns of the top row?

I have edited the file Content.css but am not sure if this is the right one to edit.

I also copied the file "viewforum_body.html" from Prosilver to the "we_universal" template folder.

Here is the style zip iam using:
we_universal-master.zip
(601.15 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
and here is the content.css file but in a txt file in order to post it here:
content.txt
(22.1 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Hope you can give me a help to fix this.

Thanks.
Last edited by papaformigas on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vBBANKs
Name: Patrick DiNapoli

Re: Fixing and aligning tables columns in a style

Post by vBBANKs » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:11 am

the only thing i can suggest since you don't have a live URL yet is to use Firefox, right click the text you want to align then use inspect element when the bottom inspector pops up look towards the right box and just play around with the settings until you figure out what code needs to be edited

1.png

in the content.txt file you posted here , look at dd.lastpost span,

and change the padding to 5px or something , play around with it
All i want in life is to move to Thailand, meet a nice lady boy and settle down.

papaformigas

Re: Fixing and aligning tables columns in a style

Post by papaformigas » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:23 am

Hi thanks for the reply..

My problem is the fact that the rows are completly not alignged with with black top column row.

In your example the columns are aligned.. Mine are not aligned at all...

If you look at the we_universal style there are three columns "Topics-Stats-Last posts".

I like the clean and classic style of this style but i want to have the proBoot or Prosilver four columns "Topic-Views-Messages-Last Posts". Thats why i tried to change the style ..

I cant seem to align the columns..

papaformigas

Post by papaformigas » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Fixed!!

I have taken some code from "content.css" from Prosilver bit by bit and included it in the Content.css from We_Universal style. I was worthy the time because I have the style I wanted.

Thanks for your help!

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”