How do I remove beveled edges?

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Get Involved
Ivan0795

How do I remove beveled edges?

Post by Ivan0795 »

Hello everyone I'm new in this community, is a forum for passionate phpbb But like everything, each version has its own obstacles. A few days ago I opened a forum and I used the theme named Elegance created by Arty. I do not like very rounded edges of the forum and this theme has different settings than the prosilver, I wanted to know how I can remove the rounded edges make them normal.

Example:

How do I make them so?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: How do I remove beveled edges?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

arty's themes are not made like all the rest and require some strange things to be able to edit them.

also, he is no longer supporting them or developing any new ones for phpbb .

I would suggest you find a different style that is easier to customize, then you just need to add one line to the css to remove all of the rounded corners for the whole style.

common.css:

just above the body tag, add this one:

Code: Select all

* {
  border-radius: 0 !important;
  -moz-border-radius: 0 !important;
}
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Lumpy Burgertushie

that was strange, I got a error when I posted the above that said I did not have enough characters so I reposted only to find out that it worked the first time.

strange,

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Ivan0795

Post by Ivan0795 »

I tried to enter the code in the common, but I noticed that it is quite messed up as a code inside. Although I have entered the code, nothing has changed :(
Lumpy Burgertushie

don't know what that means. please give us examples, a link to the board would help a lot.

did you purge the cache after you made the changes to the file?

did you copy and paste exactly what I posted and if so , show us the file so we can check it for you.

robret

Ivan0795

Post by Ivan0795 »

I emptied the cache, but it has not changed anything. If you want I can allegarti the common files of this theme. Although I must admit it's strange how code.

This is the common theme of this, you will notice the confusion code.
https://www.upload.ee/files/6722467/_common.scss.html
Lumpy Burgertushie

well, that is the problem. whatever style that is is not like most of the styles for phpbb. you have to edit a file named customcss and the you have to "recompile" the stylesheet using some special program etc.

personally, I would find a different style . I assume that it is one of Arty's style since he is the only one I know of that uses that method of creating styles.

arty is not going to support any of his phpbb styles or create any new ones so...

once you have a style with the normal css files you can try what I mentioned.

robert

Ivan0795

Post by Ivan0795 »

This theme is the most lousy I've ever seen, I think to change it if you do not find a solution. Thanks for the help Robert!
Lumpy Burgertushie

what I posted above is the only solution. you have to put your custom edits in a custom css file and the install some program and you can recompile the style with. I gave up trying to figure out how to do that on arty's styles a long time ago.

find another style that you like and install it and then remove the rounded corners if you like.

robert

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”