Meta Tags - Not Working in Overall header

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Anti-Spam Guide
Schielerm

Meta Tags - Not Working in Overall header

Post by Schielerm »

Hey guys,

I have been using PHPbb3 for years now but haven't in probably 5 or so. Looking for a little assiatnce on adding meta tags.

I went into my theme (metro) and to the Overall_header. When I add my custom og meta tags, Facebook still does not scrape them. Needing a little assistance on this. Attachments below of where I have added the code.

Website is: conservativesnowflake.com/community

Thanks in advance,

Schieler
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 3.00.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 3.00.38 AM.png
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Meta Tags - Not Working in Overall header

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

using ftp, you download the overall_header.html file to your computer, you make the edits using a text editor only, you upload back to the server with your ftp program.
then, you must purge the cache to see the changes and probably refresh your browser.

luck,
robert

EDIT: I can not access your files. your server is redirecting any attempt to access the prosilver style html files back to the site root for some reason. and trying to access the metro html files gives "no route found" error.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Schielerm

Post by Schielerm »

Robert,

I had to replace to prosilver theme files with the metro theme as metro would not activate when trying to do it any other way.

Could this be causing the conflict? I see you're available for donations. Will PM you for assistance.
Schielerm

Post by Schielerm »

Edit: Can not contact you due to less than minimum post requirements.

Can you email me at your earliest convience? [email protected]

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”