Intermittent load error (strippped down HTML)

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Scam Warning
WJPA

Intermittent load error (strippped down HTML)

Post by WJPA »

Good day,

First time poster on here, long time user. Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. We are running version 3.1.10.

From time to time, when we got to the forum we get what has now become named "white screen of death". I have attached a screenshot.

After a few refreshes, sometimes a cookie clear, sometimes private browsing it goes back to the normal, "colorful" version. I attached a screenshot of what that looks like too.

Just wondering if anyone knows where to look to fix this. I'm guessing it is some sort of cookie issue based on the above troubleshooting. Would updating to 3.2 help?

Cheers,

Tyler Dowell
Attachments
colorful.png
Screenshot_20170421-100924.jpg
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Re: Intermittent load error (strippped down HTML)

Post by _Vinny_ »

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
WJPA

Post by WJPA »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.1.10
What is your board's URL? http://wjpa.ca/phpBB
Who do you host your board with? Unsure
How did you install your board? Someone else installed my board for me
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? English (British I believe)
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? It has been there since we first started. Sometimes is worse and sometimes better.
Please describe your problem. Good day,

First time poster on here, long time user. Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. We are running version 3.1.10.

From time to time, when we got to the forum we get what has now become named "white screen of death". I have attached a screenshot.

After a few refreshes, sometimes a cookie clear, sometimes private browsing it goes back to the normal, "colorful" version. I attached a screenshot of what that looks like too.

Just wondering if anyone knows where to look to fix this. I'm guessing it is some sort of cookie issue based on the above troubleshooting. Would updating to 3.2 help?

Cheers,

Tyler Dowell
Generated by SRT Generator
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

a wild guess here. you apparently are using windows hosting for some reason and that may be causing the delay in your page displaying properly. and/or there is some caching going on that is not setup correctly.

unless you don't have a choice, I would suggest you switch from windows hosting to standard linux based hosting plan with your provider.

rob ert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ »

http://www.wjpa.ca/phpbb/ <- no error
http://www.wjpa.ca/phpbb/index.php <- error

The problem occurs when you access index.php directly. Have you changed this file or made any changes to .htaccess?
WJPA

Post by WJPA »

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll reach out to our web supporter who deals with the host and makes those sorts of edits and I'll ask him.

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”