Convert 3.0x theme to 3.1

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Ideas Centre
Razvanus

Convert 3.0x theme to 3.1

Post by Razvanus »

Hello guys,

I want to use this theme http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-sty ... aniversary for my forum, but this is for 3.0x not 3.1x how i can convert this to 3.1x?

What files should I change and how should I do this to be functional at normal parameters?

Thanks.
david63

Re: Convert 3.0x theme to 3.1

Post by david63 »

Razvanus wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:44 pm how i can convert this to 3.1x?
In reality you cannot - if I remember correctly there are about 12k code changes in a style between 3.0 and 3.1 - and then there are another few thousand from 3.1 to 3.2

You will be far better off finding a 3.1 (or better still a 3.2) style that meets your needs.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Razvanus

Post by Razvanus »

I saw a person who managed to do a 3.1 theme only after it was released, so it's not really impossible.
david63

Post by david63 »

I did not say it was impossible - just very difficult and time consuming.
Razvanus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:31 am I saw a person who managed to do a 3.1 theme only after it was released
Are you sure that they actually converted the style or did they create a style based on prosilver?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Razvanus

Post by Razvanus »

david63 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:37 am I did not say it was impossible - just very difficult and time consuming.
Razvanus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:31 am I saw a person who managed to do a 3.1 theme only after it was released
Are you sure that they actually converted the style or did they create a style based on prosilver?

The one who modified, modified we_clearblue before it officially appeared, but this theme as well is based on prosilver
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

The best thing to do is install a new 3.1 or 3.2 board and try to copy the old 3.0 style into the new prosilver style using the inspector of your browser.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

It is possible to convert that style but you would have to ask author to do that,hire someone to do that or do it yourself as it's not listed in CDB here. I found this style in the CDB that is WOW themed for 3.1.10 https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/pbwow3/ maybe it will work out for you.
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”