Upgraded to 3.1.11 and mobile version doesn't show thread creator

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Suggested Hosts
alfx

Upgraded to 3.1.11 and mobile version doesn't show thread creator

Post by alfx »

only "last post" username and info.

multiple users complaining about this .. any idea how i would go about fixing this? (can i post a link to the board if that helps? i dont want to break any rules)
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Re: Upgraded to 3.1.11 and mobile version doesn't show thread creator

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Hi :)

Yep, a link to your forum would be great.

Also, can I ask if you've considered upgrading to 3.2?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

In prosilver that is by design
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
alfx

Post by alfx »

Christian 2.0 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 pm Hi :)

Yep, a link to your forum would be great.

Also, can I ask if you've considered upgrading to 3.2?

Howdy thanks for the quick reply! sorry i didn't notice it sooner.

the link is http://www.savedbythebellhorn.com/forum ... um.php?f=2

(please pay no mind to the all the crude and vulgar insults and threads of random arguments and the strange lack of baseball talk on a baseball forum...or much sanity either... the users have developed a strange dynamic over the last 10 years or so where theres as much random insults and fighting as their is baseball talk haha.. thats the best heads up disclaimer i can put into words because i realize it looks like complete insanity at first glance but it's all in jest mostly.. it's much more light-hearted and crude humor than it seems.. just throwing that out there so you aren't horrified and think it's a bunch of angry psychopaths or anything haha.

anywho this is what we've got up to after upgradig from 3.0.12 three or so weeks ago and the user base (very nitpicky btw ...they dont like change..haha) is finally starting to like how it's come along.

the style we installed is AllanStyle-SUBSILVER (another adminn customized the style sheets to get it to look like it does now, he's better with those than i am)

i have no clue if getting the thread creator to display in mobile is a stylesheet thing or...? i'm lost and not sure where to start so any input would be really helpful/appriciated

also question #2: while i'm asking.. aside from the thread creator not being displayed in mobile (the main issue i have no idea how to fix...so any help is really appriciated!)... i was also trying to figure out if there's a way to get that logo/banner header to display on the mobile version(with the baseball player mark bellhorn at the top). as of now when i view on mobile the image header disappears and it's just plain text that says "saved by the bellhorn"... im not sure if that's do-able but thought i'd ask if you could maybe point me in the right direction or have any tips on how to do that too maybe?

-----

as far as the the upgrade to 3.2... we had been running 3.0.12 for WAY too long and finally upgraded last month. i was a bit afraid of jumping right to 3.2 so i thought i'd play it safe and do 3.1 because i was unsure of what would change/what we'd lose/what would be differet

i've spent about a month (on and off...not non-stop) getting it to look and function the same as the old version (just little things... all the users are very nitpicky and don't like change so i tried my best to upgrade while keeping everything as familiar as possible so right now is about there

i'm not quite sure what features 3.2 would add (i read into it, but would you reccomend it for any big reasons? i like how 3.1 has come along ... would everythig get reset if we upgraded to 3.2 (like the style sheets, the header image, smiles, a few extensions, permissions, etc... basically all the little stuff ie spent the last few weeks tweaking to make it look and function as much like the old version as possible)

or a better question might be are there pros/cons you'd reccomend about 3.2 vs where we're at now with this new 3.1 upgrade? (i like this one very much so i'd be scared to have to start over again especially if im not sure what major features are of 3.2 vs 3.1

i'm completely unsure if it's something i should consider or just be content that 3.1 is a nice upgrade and it's as close to the old version as possible and functioning pretty much the same way which has taken a few weeks of on-and-off work like i mentioned (im still getting daily request/complaints of things that are different..like how the quote button is to small vs the old one haha..lots of little stuff like that)

thanks so much for any help/time/advice..... i sincerely do appreciate it a lot!

cheers!

(sorry in advance again if you find the thread titles offensive or anything... it's all in jest...it's just a very strange baseball forum with a strange dynamic in peak offseason haha. nothing to be taken seriously!.)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

alfx wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:13 am or a better question might be are there pros/cons you'd reccomend about 3.2 vs where we're at now with this new 3.1 upgrade?
Support for 3.1 ends in a week. That's the main one.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

Guide for the logo viewtopic.php?f=481&t=2270871
Guide for the author viewtopic.php?f=591&t=2425286
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Thread creator? Do you mean the 'New Topic' button?

(There are no threads in phpBB, they are topics)
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
alfx

Post by alfx »

i meant to say author..so you could see who created the thread and th last person to post in it on mobile.... i actually stayed up all night figuring that one out by trial and error and a bit of blind luck (im still learning this stuff obviously) before i noticed this thread had any replies. but that problem is checked off anyway

now my only issue is getting the site logo/header to be responsive for mobile

i tried following the instructions to the tee multiple times from the link mannix provided but for some reason it just throws everything completely out of whack.

i get the feeling this post about inline-blocks from the style discussion of someone asking the same question might be why that other method doesn't work (i think? im mostly guessing and may be completely wrong)

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... 46#p473546

no matter what i try the header is just all sorts of screwy where i'm not even close (so i tried sttarting over against from step one a few times with the same results each time?

if i can get this image to be mobile responsive thatd be fantastic.. thank you all again for your help
alfx

Post by alfx »

(also if i upgraded to 3.2 would it be as drastic as the change from 3.0 to 3.1? (as in... would all this i'm doing right now be for naught and i'd have to do it again? or would it transition easier without having to do to much... i cant seem to find a clear answer from searching around)

i probably should have just done it originally 3 weeks ago i suppose haha.

thanks again,
cheers

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”