question if anyone might be able to offer idea/help on where text gets displayed

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.1.
Scam Warning
alfx

question if anyone might be able to offer idea/help on where text gets displayed

Post by alfx »

we're using 3.1.11 allenstyle-subsilver and the profiles were originally on the right.. we moved them to the left. but this one bit of text where it says "author" is driving me crazy where it is... any ideas on how to move it? (it's a small issue, but makes my eye twitch every time i look at the page and see it on the wrong side haha)

any help or guidance would be really helpful!

cheers

link: http://www.savedbythebellhorn.com/forum ... 2&t=279521

screen cap with what i'm talking about:
Jodi-86

Re: question if anyone might be able to offer idea/help on where text gets displayed

Post by Jodi-86 »

This should do it, in content.css,

Line 750:

Code: Select all

.leftsided.subsilver-topic-title {
    width: 77%;
}
Change to:

.leftsided.subsilver-topic-title {
	width: 77%;
	float: right;
}
:-)
alfx

Re: question if anyone might be able to offer idea/help on where text gets displayed

Post by alfx »

thank you so much! i appreciate you taking the time to help a ton!

cheers!
alfx

Post by alfx »

doh

unfortunately that did not work (i noticed no change.. tried clearing the cache,,and fiddling with it abit myself but nothing changes)
alfx

Post by alfx »

update, it did work! i just had to re-arrange two lines of code in the viewtopic_body.html also

now i'm being a perfectionist, but it's slightly off-centered..

wondering if any input on how to move it slightly more to the left (so it's more visually pleasing, centered in the profile column)

screen shot of what i'm talking about

it's no big deal.. but i can't figure out what to change to get it exactly where i want

thanks again for the help though anyway!!!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Looks like you figured it out. when I visit the board it seems to be centered now.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
alfx

Post by alfx »

sorry to bother, but would you mind checking again for me? (it is still not centered for me)

i think maybe i didn't clear my cache and edited a few other lines.. im wondering if you still see it centerd or if i messed it up before i saw your reply

sorry to be a pain in the ass (i doo appriciate all your help... i'm learning slowly how all this works... slowly.. but i'm learning ..i think ahha)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the word author is centered in the space available for it. the image below it is not centered in that same space. that is why it does not look centered.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
alfx

Post by alfx »

well, i feel dumb hahaha

thank you for pointing that out my friend!
alfx

Post by alfx »

okay one last post (i apologize for being a pain.. but i cant get it quite right and this is driving me mad. i've been working on this for way way too long trying to align the text properly)

so here's what it currently looks like (good, but it's a bit off, it doesn't look right to me.. stuff like this drives me nuts.. also id like to learn what to do to change it..so all your help is really appreciated..seriously! thank you!)

while playing with the chrome inspection console, i highlighted the word "author" and right clicked to inspect it. i changed (in the console)

.leftsided.postprofile.subsilver-topic-author {
	border: none !important;
	width: 20%;
to

.leftsided.postprofile.subsilver-topic-author {
	border: none !important;
	width: 10%;
screen shot of console open

when i closed the console, changing that value made it look exactly how i want it to look!

(the only problem is, i made the same change to content.css and nothing happened. i've been playing around with the values and trying to learn how it all works, but no luck.. nothing works)

i cant for the life of me figure out how to get it to look like that (permanently actually... not just from changing the value in chrome console)

sorry to be a pain... i refuse to give up util i get those letters where i want them haha

thanks again in advance for any ideas/help anyone might be able to offer

cheers!
Jodi-86

Post by Jodi-86 »

It looks like it's moved on my screen,

When you've made a chance to the CSS, if it doesn't show up the best thing to do is log out, clear your browser cookies and log back in and then it should work :)
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

try 12% for the Author and 88% for the Message don't think it can be more centered then that :D
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
alfx

Post by alfx »

i j ust checke dthe forum using firefox instead of chome and see it's exactly how i want it (and i wasted like 4 hours yesterday trying to fix a problem that didn't exist i guess haha)

well at least i learned something!

you guys rule, thanks again for all the help! (i might still be pulling my hair out right now if not for you all)

Return to “[3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion”