2.0.x to phpBB 3.1.x Conversion Error [ 1919 ]

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
brewsan

2.0.x to phpBB 3.1.x Conversion Error [ 1919 ]

Post by brewsan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:02 am

Converting from phpBB 2.0.18 to 3.1 and am getting
Fatal conversion error

Fatal conversion error

functions_phpbb20.php [ 1919 ]

Colliding usernames were found on your old board. In order to complete the conversion please delete or rename these users so that there is only one user on your old board for each clean username.
On the first time through I did have a duplicate (the error even gave me the name), but I don't have any duplicate names anymore (went in and queried the phpbb_users table and don't see any duplicates)
Some of the names do have atypical characters (brackets, spaces, forward slashes etc.) but none of the names seem similar enough to cause a collision.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: 2.0.x to phpBB 3.1.x Conversion Error [ 1919 ]

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:32 am

where did you find a convertor from 2.0 to 3.1? there isn't one that I have seen yet.

you have to convert from 2.0 to 3.0

once you get that working , you can upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

marcovo
Name: Marco

Post by marcovo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:42 am

IIRC, phpBB 2.0 stored usernames as they were requested, and phpBB 3.* stores both the requested username and a 'downsampled' version, containing only (mainly?) alphanumerical characters. This last one, is the one that should be unique in phpBB 3.* . So it can be that all usernames are in fact unique, but you should also make sure that the downsamples that are generated, are also unique.

But like Lumpy said, it could be easier to first upgrade to 3.0, and then to 3.1.

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:41 pm

You should update to 2.0.23 before attempting to convert to 3.1.x. The convertor has only been tested with that version.

Either way, this won't make a difference for the error given. 3.0.x and 3.1.x store a "clean" version of the username that ensures that usernames with similar-looking characters are not possible. For example Testǃ and Test! (the exclamation point at the end is different) would be allowed in 2.0.x, whereas in 3.x it would be considered the same username and thus marked as colliding.

The colliding usernames are stored in the phpbb_userconv table, which the convertor will try to drop after it output the error message. Make sure that it was indeed dropped before rerunning the convertor. If it's still there, then once you run the convertor again the data from the previous run will cause it to stop at the same step.
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:where did you find a convertor from 2.0 to 3.1? there isn't one that I have seen yet.

you have to convert from 2.0 to 3.0

once you get that working , you can upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1
The 2.0.x convertor is included in 3.1.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”