[Convertor] MyBB 1.8.x

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
swstarone

Re: [Convertor] MyBB 1.8.x

Post by swstarone »

swstarone wrote:I tried toinstall from Linux,and I ignored mentioned above error,
so finally migration has been done successfully.
I just wait and then conversion of next table started
also I noticed few remaining posts was converted at the end.
converted forum is working fine, only a few small issues are there and resolving them.
wiurko

Post by wiurko »

Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right place.
I was trying to convert from mybb 1.8 to phpbb 3.1 and get the following error:

Code: Select all

Fatal installation error

functions_convert.php [ 2471 ]

Please make sure that these folders exist and are writable by the webserver then try again:
»./../images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/cache/themes/theme2
./../images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/cache/themes/theme3
./../images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/cache/themes/theme4
images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/cache/themes/theme2
images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/cache/themes/theme3
images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/proba/images/avatars/gallery/cache/themes/theme4.
Dunno if it should make so many subfolders, cuz I was trying to see what's the problem, and there really are all those folders, I'm kinda confused... If there is a fix for this, I would be thankful.

EDIT: Ok I found the problem. It's the "import_avatar_gallery();" function in "functions_mybb18.php", line 118, by commenting it, everything went fine. I belive there is some infinitive loop, cuz it made all those subfolders, from mybb 22Mb size, it made 200 Mb phpbb3 ... Right now I'm seting up the forum, hope everyting is on it's place.
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

Does anyone know if this will migrate passwords or will they have to be reset by the users?
Tutorial: How to add ads to your forum viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2417316
Wazzyl
Name: Michael Gramberg

Post by Wazzyl »

is it possible to move the forums, posts and users online to a phpbb forum, cause in 2008 i have moved from phpbb to mybb, and that was a easy step, ofcourse the code from mybb was then 1.4 now it's 1.8 and im stuck on installing the converter on it cause of the permissions yes, any suggestions to it?
TickingTock

Post by TickingTock »

Please can someone tell me if this will import attachments?
I ask as I have quite a large number of attachments and I wouldn't want to upload them all again.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

don't have the answer for you. just wanted to suggest that if you move your attachments up or down using filezilla , don't forget to uncheck the box that sets all files with no extensions as ascii. set filezilla to transfer all files as binary and you should be fine.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
TickingTock

Post by TickingTock »

I didn't know that, thanks for the tip :).
Wazzyl
Name: Michael Gramberg

Post by Wazzyl »

can anyone check my post? This is really serious for our gaming community, we want to get back from mybb to phpbb again!

MyBB is maybe a bit nice, but it's slower and phpbb is really fast. :lol:
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

Wazzyl wrote:can anyone check my post? This is really serious for our gaming community, we want to get back from mybb to phpbb again!

MyBB is maybe a bit nice, but it's slower and phpbb is really fast. :lol:

I converted a mybb 1.8 to phpbb 3.1.x with no issues. Everything works as expected.
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

wrkalot wrote:Does anyone know if this will migrate passwords or will they have to be reset by the users?
Anyone?
.m.

Post by .m. »

@wrkalot , passwords are expected to migrate. users need not reset them.
Gesic

Post by Gesic »

After all pre-conversion steps have successfully been completed i get following error together with 500 Internal Server Error at the frontend of the converter:
Apachelog says following

[error] [client ::1] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/Applications/MAMP/fcgi-bin/php5.6.10.fcgi", referer: http://"hostname"/forum/install/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=mybb18&language=en
Converting from mybb 1.8 to phpBB 3.1.5
ddonche

Post by ddonche »

Managed to get past the avatar path errors, but I just get this new one:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Duplicate entry 'increment_user_id' for key 'PRIMARY' [1062]

SQL

INSERT INTO bb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('increment_user_id', 11, 0)
In case anyone else got it, I went into my phpbb db and dropped all the users that were in the database.
ddonche

Post by ddonche »

Once it finishes (I got the message about the search index), I get a mysql error when I try to access the forum front end. I get a blank white page when I try to go to the ACP.
joone

Post by joone »

When I click "continue conversion" for the first time, I get an 504 Gateway Time-out error after 15-20 minutes. Any way to solve this?

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”