[Convertor] MyBB 1.8.x

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
prototech
Former Team Member

Re: [Convertor] MyBB 1.8.x

Post by prototech »

The new version attached to the first post should address the problems mentioned in the last few posts.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
sinse73

Post by sinse73 »

Thanks prototech.
The convertion goes until its end, I noted these errors which appear during the process:

Code: Select all

phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php on line 2068: inet_ntop(): Invalid in_addr value
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 446: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 447: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 448: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
And also, I can't connect using my admin account to the board (uid 1), with a lambda account there is no problem.
In the database in php_users I have an anonymous user instead of my account.
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Are you using 1.6.x? If I remember correctly, that error is thrown due to IP's being stored differently between the two branches. The user with an id of 1 will be assigned a different id (it will be at the end of the table, before the bots) as 1 is reserved for the anonymous user in phpBB. Please check if the user exists by its username.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
sinse73

Post by sinse73 »

I'm currently on MyBB 1.6 but in order to use the converter I've done an upgrade to MyBB1.8.4 on a test forum running the upgrade script, the database should then be upgraded too. I checked on the administration panel and the version 1.8.4 is currently identified.

I checked at the end of the database before the bot and there is no sign of my account.

I will try to convert it again after a new copy and upgrade of the forum. Maybe I missed a point.
sinse73

Post by sinse73 »

Re prototech,

I've done a complete copy of my forum under MyBB 1.6 followed by an upgrade to MyBB 1.8.4 and tried to convert it to phpBB using your convertor on a fresh installation of phpBB 3.1.3.
I forget to check during the process so I do not know about the previous errors I noted, but at the end I still have the problem to log in with the administrator account uid 1. I search for it and the username do not exist in the table phpbb_users.

Edit : I've done a new conversion and there is the same errors than previously.
MaFeSa

Post by MaFeSa »

Now I have this error

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php on line 2059: inet_ntop(): Invalid in_addr value
sinse73

Post by sinse73 »

I made a conversion and changed directly an account in the database to be an administrator. I've seen that if there is internal link inside post (linking to another thread or post), the url does not change for the new one.
Could it be possible to obtain a modification of these url during the conversion ?
swstarone

Post by swstarone »

I am getting this error

Fatal installation error
Fatal installation error

functions_convert.php [ 433 ]

Note to developer: you must specify $convertor['avatar_gallery_path'] to use import_avatar_gallery().
swstarone

Post by swstarone »

This issue was resolved by giving the path of Avatar Galary in the file Convert_mybb18.php
but now I am facing this error
also now I am using localserver (xampp).

How to set permissions if I am using windows Pc ?
Is there any way to bypass image gallery from conversion ?

Fatal installation error

Fatal installation error

functions_convert.php [ 2471 ]

Please make sure that these folders exist and are writable by the webserver then try again:
»./../images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/admin/jscripts/codemirror/addon/comment
./../images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/admin/jscripts/codemirror/addon/dialog
./../images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/admin/jscripts/codemirror/addon/display
./../images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/digsofts/images/avatars/gallery/admin/jscripts/codemirror/addon/edit
sinse73

Post by sinse73 »

@swstarone
Maybe by launching xampp with administrator permissions.
swstarone

Post by swstarone »

I need help to fill following data, for mybb

// The avatar sources in the db are from the board root.
'avatar_path' => $helper->get_config_path_value(''),
'avatar_gallery_path' => $helper->get_config_path_value('),
'smilies_path' => $helper->get_absolute_path(''),
'upload_path' => $helper->get_config_path_value(''),
'icons_path' => '',
'thumbnails' => '',
'ranks_path' => $helper->get_absolute_path(''),
'source_path_absolute' => true,
swstarone

Post by swstarone »

all other issues are resolved,

but following issue is not understandable.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php on line 2059: inet_ntop(): Invalid in_addr value
swstarone

Post by swstarone »

I tried toinstall from Linux,and I ignored mentioned above error,
so finally migration has been done successfully.
MaFeSa

Post by MaFeSa »

Hi, how did you do?
With

I can't finish the conversion..
sinse73

Post by sinse73 »

@MaFeSa
On my side the conversion goes to the end even with this error. I just checked the box for the refreshing process and let the conversion to be done automatically.

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”