[Convertor] MyBB 1.8.x

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
wernerz

Re: [Convertor] MyBB 1.8.x

Post by wernerz »

Hi,

i have installed a new phpbb then i open the install center and choose the mybb converter, i insert all informations: DB-Username, passwort, path, etc. and then i start the converter and get the error message:
HTTP 500 not available

When i start the install center a second time, i get the info, that a conversion ist started and i can chose to start a new conversion or go to the started conversion. When i choose go to the started conversion i get the same http 500 error.

What's wrong?

Greetings from germany
Werner
Greetings Werner from germany
wernerz

Post by wernerz »

No one who could help me?
I want to come to phpbb, but without conversion, no chance. :?
Gerriet

Post by Gerriet »

Hello Werner ;D

Which PHPBB has you use for the convertion ?
Greetings

Gerriet
Cloudane

Post by Cloudane »

Also getting errors. It gets most of the way converting the posts up to about 100,000 or so and then the browser returns with ERR_EMPTY_DATA. The apache log is showing a segfault. I've tried on two different servers...

MyBB version 1.8.10
phpBB version 3.1.10
php version 5.6
Apache 2.4.18

Edit: Also tried a backport of Apache 2.4.25

Edit 2: Fixed it. I managed to eventually narrow down the post it was stumbling across...
The poster had written the word "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" in a fashion that would put Darth Vader to shame - it had 10,682 letter "O"s in it. :lol:
Interesting that that should crash Apache, mind.
wernerz

Post by wernerz »

@gerrit: I have phpbb 3.2.0
.m.

Post by .m. »

assuming that conversion is tried on live web server, for the internal server errors (error 500),
recent entries in server error log should be checked to trace the cause

if you can't find server error log at web host panel or if it is empty then contact web host support

however, I'd prefer to do the conversion on a local server (web server in computer - eg. XAMPP)
lord.lethris

Post by lord.lethris »

I got this issue today trying to use the converter (with the updated function file)

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'phpbb\db\tools' not found in /home/lethris/webapps/office_ninja/PHPBB/install/convertors/convert_mybb18.php:186 Stack trace: #0 /home/lethris/webapps/office_ninja/PHPBB/install/convert/convertor.php(210): include() #1 /home/lethris/webapps/office_ninja/PHPBB/install/convert/controller/convertor.php(370): phpbb\convert\convertor->convert_data('mybb18') #2 [internal function]: phpbb\convert\controller\convertor->convert('mybb18') #3 /home/lethris/webapps/office_ninja/PHPBB/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/HttpKernel.php(144): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /home/lethris/webapps/office_ninja/PHPBB/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/HttpKernel.php(64): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handleRaw(Object(phpbb\symfony_request), 1) #5 /home/lethris/webapps/office_ninja/PHPBB/install/app.php(56): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handle(Object(phpbb\symfony_request)) #6 {main} thrown in /home/lethris/webapps/office_ninja/PHPBB/install/convertors/convert_mybb18.php on line 186
I'm desperately trying to get away from MyBB - it is rubbish, spam riddled, buggy, every update I need to manually edit files to get plugins to work, templates are terrible. I do not understand how people rate it so high. It is appalling.

Thanks in advance :)
.m.

Post by .m. »

^ sorry, your post consists of incorrect affirmations about the other forum system !
shall we communicate through PMs, instead of making a mess on public open forum ..
lord.lethris

Post by lord.lethris »

I cant reply to your PM.

can anyone help me with the converter?
.m.

Post by .m. »

^ I believe you have seen how to use convertor

basically you should have phpBB installation (version 3.1.x) [empty board preferred] for the conversion.
area57

Post by area57 »

lord.lethris wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:56 am I got this issue today trying to use the converter (with the updated function file)

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'phpbb\db\tools' not found in /....../install/convertors/convert_mybb18.php:186 ....
Hi, I run in the same error, with a fresh phpbb installation when i try to convert from MyBB 1.8.12
jakepavek

Post by jakepavek »

really would like some help with this please.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Are you trying to convert to 3.1 or 3.2? Your other post is in the 3.2 forum.
jakepavek

Post by jakepavek »

Brf wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:37 pm Are you trying to convert to 3.1 or 3.2? Your other post is in the 3.2 forum.
3.2, I posted in wrong forum. My apologies.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

This converter is for 3.1, not 3.2

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”