vBulletin 3.8.4 to PhpBB3.1

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ñako!
Name: N S M

Re: vBulletin 3.8.4 to PhpBB3.1

Post by Ñako! »

Well, the smileys issue seems to be solved. I actually thought I got everything right this time, then this happened:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'title' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT profilefieldid,title,description,required,hidden,maxlength,size,displayorder,editable,type,data,height,def,optional,searchable,memberlist,regex,form,html FROM profilefield ORDER BY displayorder

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 855
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.php
LINE: 181
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/convertors/functions_vb3.php
LINE: 2545
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php(1688) : eval()'d code
LINE: 2
CALL: vb_convert_profile_custom_fields()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php
LINE: 1688
CALL: eval()

LINE: 823
CALL: install_convert->jump()

LINE: 214
CALL: install_convert->convert_data()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/index.php
LINE: 409
CALL: install_convert->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/index.php
LINE: 289
CALL: module->load()
Oh enlighten me, forum guru (?

No, but really, thx for the help!

EDIT: This was solved creating title & description fields on the table. If anyone was wondering (? Still not done with the convertion though
FredQ
Name: Fred Q

Post by FredQ »

Sorry for the very late reply: I know why, it's because the database on the vBulletin 3.8 is slightly different than the 3.7 one. I do have a little bit of time to fix it now. If anybody is still interested :roll:

Have you managed a conversion in the end?
My board (converted from vBulletin)
opperpanter

Post by opperpanter »

I'm still interested! But I think you're not referring to my character encoding issue? Anything I can do to help resolve that?
Last edited by opperpanter on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FredQ

Post by FredQ »

I don't really yet understand what's happening in you particular case to be honest. :roll:
opperpanter

Post by opperpanter »

FredQ wrote:I don't really yet understand what's happening in you particular case to be honest. :roll:
Sounds like a challenge ;-) I will reply to your PM.
FredQ

Post by FredQ »

opperpanter wrote: Sounds like a challenge ;-)
I just realised something though (my memory is failing me these days :D ) but have I asked you to try removing the funny &# you have as a censored word? I'm pretty sure that's what is causing all this trouble!
giannolo

Post by giannolo »

Hi!
I'm trying to convert my old vbulletin 3 forum to a new phpbb3forum using this convertor (https://github.com/gouarfig/vb3-to-phpBB3.1), as suggested by the guide I imported the vbulletin database on the new server, I installed phpBB3 on that server, the question now is:

I also need to import the vbulletin directory on the new server?

The problem is that directory it's over 2GB of data (the attachment dir it's about 1,5GB) and I can not upload it via ftp (Filezilla) with an upload limit of 40kbsp...

Thanks

Gianni
FredQ

Post by FredQ »

giannolo wrote:Hi!
I'm trying to convert my old vbulletin 3 forum to a new phpbb3forum using this convertor (https://github.com/gouarfig/vb3-to-phpBB3.1), as suggested by the guide I imported the vbulletin database on the new server, I installed phpBB3 on that server, the question now is:

I also need to import the vbulletin directory on the new server?

The problem is that directory it's over 2GB of data (the attachment dir it's about 1,5GB) and I can not upload it via ftp (Filezilla) with an upload limit of 40kbsp...

Thanks

Gianni
The converter will need access to your attachments to be converted as well. You can leave the attachments if you don't want them converted (if you're just doing a first test) and so copying the installation shouldn't take too long.
opperpanter

Post by opperpanter »

FredQ wrote:
I just realised something though (my memory is failing me these days :D ) but have I asked you to try removing the funny &# you have as a censored word? I'm pretty sure that's what is causing all this trouble!
Hmm don't think so. Too long ago to remember whether this could be it.will try next week when I'm back home. Thanks.
opperpanter

Post by opperpanter »

opperpanter wrote:
FredQ wrote:
Hmm don't think so. Too long ago to remember whether this could be it.will try next week when I'm back home. Thanks.
OK, just removed the censored word and now the problem seems to be gone!
However, when I re-add the censored word, the problem is still gone....
So I am not sure what exactly is happening, but I am now running a completely fresh conversion and see where I end up!
FredQ

Post by FredQ »

opperpanter wrote: OK, just removed the censored word and now the problem seems to be gone!
However, when I re-add the censored word, the problem is still gone....
So I am not sure what exactly is happening, but I am now running a completely fresh conversion and see where I end up!
That's good news! But why did you have this in the censored words?
opperpanter

Post by opperpanter »

Hi, the censored word thing seems to have solved the issue!

There is/was a vulnerarbility in VBulletin which could be mitigated by having this character sequence as censored word. I believe it was an XSS vulnerability.
opperpanter

Post by opperpanter »

Next step for me is to setup some apache rewrite rules to rewrite existing urls that are indexed in Google to point to the new phpbb urls.

Anybody that already did this? I assume it will not be too difficult, but I'd rather use everything that's already been done before reinventing the wheel.

There is a set of rules to rewrite to Xenforo, but to download those you have to be a licensed Xenforo user:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources ... n-3-x.264/
FredQ

Post by FredQ »

opperpanter wrote:Next step for me is to setup some apache rewrite rules to rewrite existing urls that are indexed in Google to point to the new phpbb urls.

Anybody that already did this? I assume it will not be too difficult, but I'd rather use everything that's already been done before reinventing the wheel.
So you got it working? Cool :-)

I did the redirection for my board, but as a phpBB extension, not with the apache rewrite rules. I'll post it somewhere (github maybe) and send you the link.
opperpanter

Post by opperpanter »

FredQ wrote:
opperpanter wrote:Next step for me is to setup some apache rewrite rules to rewrite existing urls that are indexed in Google to point to the new phpbb urls.

So you got it working? Cool :-)

I did the redirection for my board, but as a phpBB extension, not with the apache rewrite rules. I'll post it somewhere (github maybe) and send you the link.
Thanks, might work for me as well.

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”