Convert Invision Power Board to phpBB

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
breatheheavy

Convert Invision Power Board to phpBB

Post by breatheheavy »

Hello, my name is Jordan Miller. I own and run BreatheHeavy.com - a pop music website. With the site is a large music forums located at breatheheavy.com/exhale. It currently uses Invision Power Board and a separate IPB theme for mobile.

Monday night, the forums were badly hacked and most content was deleted. We have a backup server making daily backups, and we are in the process of restoring the site. In the mean time, I want to make plans to get off IPB and convert to phpBB with a new theme and a custom plugin we absolutely need.

What this plugin does: When we post a story in Wordpress to show on the main page, it also makes a thread in the appropriate forum. The comments from that thread are linked to the story on the main page. Check BreatheHeavy.com to get an idea of what we mean (although the links are currently broken due to the hack). We also would like to incorporate the comments from the thread underneath the stories on the main page if possible.

What we need:

Convert from Invision Power Board to phpBB
Plugin to incorporate comments and news
Comments display underneath story on main page
Install and slightly modify a new theme we will purchase

We need this job done pretty much ASAP. Please let me know if you can complete the jobs.

Thanks for your time,

Jordan Miller
[email protected]
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Convert Invision Power Board to phpBB

Post by Mick »

As per rule 1k, solicitation and recruiting for private projects is not permitted but somebody here may be able to help you do the conversion via this site. As for the other things you require you should have a search of the 3.1.x Extensions Forums and, if you don't find what you require, you can make an extension request.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”