Convert from SMF to phpbb3

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
aberidius

Convert from SMF to phpbb3

Post by aberidius »

Hi so i want to convert from SMF to phpbb3 but i can't find any converters, i've looked, only found a mybb converter. Anyone know a converter including how to do a convert from SMF to phpbb3?
Bacon_

Re: Convert from SMF to phpbb3

Post by Bacon_ »

I would suggest converting from SMF to myBB and then from myBB to phpBB. It is what I did however I am experiencing an error you can see in my thread here: viewtopic.php?f=486&t=2327056
aberidius

Post by aberidius »

Yea well i stumbled into this issue, someone please help me out here:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'forum_posts' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, parent_id, forum_parents, forum_desc, forum_type, forum_flags, forum_desc_bitfield, forum_desc_options, forum_desc_uid, forum_link, forum_password, forum_style, forum_image, forum_rules, forum_rules_link, forum_rules_bitfield, forum_rules_options, forum_rules_uid, forum_topics_per_page, forum_posts, forum_topics, forum_topics_real, forum_last_post_id, forum_last_poster_id, forum_last_post_subject, forum_last_post_time, forum_last_poster_name, forum_last_poster_colour, display_on_index, enable_indexing, enable_icons, left_id, right_id) VALUES (3, 'Updates', 59, '', 'All updates are here.', 1, 34, '', 7, '', '', '', 0, '', '', '', '', 7, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, '', '', 1, 1, 1, '2', 3)

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 855
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 193
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/convertors/functions_smf20.php
LINE: 1014
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php(1028) : eval()'d code
LINE: 5
CALL: smf_insert_forums()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php
LINE: 1028
CALL: eval()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php
LINE: 214
CALL: install_convert->convert_data()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/index.php
LINE: 409
CALL: install_convert->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/index.php
LINE: 289
CALL: module->load()
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I think you are trying to convert straight to 3.1 and you have to use the convertor to go to phpbb 3.0 first.

once you get it working in 3.0 you can then simply upgrade to 3.1

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
adkaush

Post by adkaush »

Hi Robert,

I'm trying to convert my smf to phpBB and not sure what am I doing wrong. Could you help? I tried to send you a PM but since I have fewer than 5 posts, the spam police is kicking in lol.

Please let me know what you would charge to convert it for me. Wont mind paying to save myself all the headache.

Thanks!
Andy.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

adkaush wrote:Hi Robert,

I'm trying to convert my smf to phpBB and not sure what am I doing wrong. Could you help? I tried to send you a PM but since I have fewer than 5 posts, the spam police is kicking in lol.

Please let me know what you would charge to convert it for me. Wont mind paying to save myself all the headache.

Thanks!
Andy.
dont' know if you can get PMs before 5 posts either so just email me if you wish.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”