everything is fine for me. We just having a nice discussion that is all
It is not about controlling the board or installing extension (this is easy of course!) it is about how to bring something forward. Back to my example with the cars: it is not my intention to understand what happens under the hood when i start pushing the gas or turning the steering ... but i can still run the car
Why does bridges exist? Because ppl want to use cms with the great phpBB forum software if not these bridges would not exist. Imagine wordpress and joomla would not offer a intuitive backend ... and keep ppl in the dark ... they would never become that big as they are now a days. I don´t say phpBB has no backend and that it is bad. No it is great!
The only thing i am pointing on, it grows out of my demand and i am pretty sure there are many many more out there that would love to see phpBB becoming more community compatible.
- side bar with more information´s screens are big enough
- menu bar + sub sites + the option to set the landing page e.g. starting on a news site
- gallery 67 pages of discussion means to me it really welcome to the phpBB community viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2273501
- customize user profiles ... private gallery, blogs and more
- download area ... well not everyone needs this but would love to see this as an working extension ... it a great function https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extensions-36