How do I import my data base of former forum

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: How do I import my data base of former forum

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I have sent you a PM offering to help you with this but you have not answered that PM .

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Oboiro500
Name: Dahra Oboiro Hargaalga

Post by Oboiro500 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:

check your PMs here.

robert
Sorry. I saw this. The link is not working. Please how do I check PMs?
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

By clicking the Private Messages link in the header of this board.
Or simply go here: ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Oboiro500
Name: Dahra Oboiro Hargaalga

Post by Oboiro500 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I have sent you a PM offering to help you with this but you have not answered that PM .

robert
I have read and replied to Lumpy Gurgertushie. The system showed that the message was sent successfully. However, the outbox shows the message is there. The sent is empty. I would nave resent it from outbox, but there is no link for that.
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

All PMs move to the Outbox first and get moved to your Sent box once the receiver has read it.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
dhargaalga

Post by dhargaalga »

New development. I have configured 3.1.9. I have set http://destinycontrolmetaphysics.org/index.php that is SMF board on redirect to http://spiritualityforimmortality.net/phpbb, my new phpBB forum. It is working.

While attempting to convert SMF data base, I had to change to phpBB 3.0.14 because, the software I was going to use, would not work with 3.1.9. (I hope to conver the SMF by other methods in the near future).

The issue now is this: I deleted files of 3.1.9 and populated it with files of 3.0.14. I am now retaining 3.1.9. as my phpBB forum. I want to install 3.1.9 on a different domain. I will then copy its files and put them in the 3.1.9 folder that I am now running.

QUESTIONS:
1. Would there be conflict? I e if I transferred a copy of files of 3.1.9 and placed it back in same folder as 3.0.x? This was its original folder. (Did not do anything to their data bases with different names.)

Or 2. Must I first remove the present 3.0.x from there before putting the files for 3.1.9?
Or 3. Can I simply Join the files of 3.1.9 to the those of 3.0.x?
Or 4. Leave the situation as it now is?
dhargaalga

Post by dhargaalga »

I replied PM from Lumpy Burgertushie days ago. I have not received a reply. I tried now to send a reminder. I met the rule that I must send PM only to group members, because I have less than 5 messages. I checked his profile; he soes not belong to a group. Lumpy Burgertushie please note. My old user name on this forum is Oboiro500.

Besides, my PM folder is empty because of the change in user name. It changed because I was locked out of this forum and had to reaply.
Lumpy Burgertushie

dhargaalga wrote:I replied PM from Lumpy Burgertushie days ago. I have not received a reply. I tried now to send a reminder. I met the rule that I must send PM only to group members, because I have less than 5 messages. I checked his profile; he soes not belong to a group. Lumpy Burgertushie please note. My old user name on this forum is Oboiro500.

Besides, my PM folder is empty because of the change in user name. It changed because I was locked out of this forum and had to reaply.
I replied but you didn't get it I guess.

here is what I said in the reply:

Hi, be glad to help.
first, zip that sql file to reduce the file size.
then, you can email it to help at phpbbace.com

I will take a look and let you know if I can get it converted for you.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
dhargaalga

Post by dhargaalga »

I
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
here is what I said in the reply:

Hi, be glad to help.
first, zip that sql file to reduce the file size.
then, you can email it to help at phpbbace.com

I will take a look and let you know if I can get it converted for you.

robert
At phpBBace I tried to login. I entered dhargaalga that is my username on this forum. I got the query that I have specified a wrong user name. I tried to contact the administrator. I tried to send the file through my yahoo.com account. I created a Dropbox and sent the zipped file spirit_smf517.
Lumpy Burgertushie

sorry, but I have no idea what you are doing. you asked for an email address to send the sql file to.

there is no need to even visit phpbbace.com

just open your email program and attach the zip file of the database and send it to that email address.

done.

robert
ok, I checked my email and got your email with the zip file.

the problem is that I don't have a dropbox account and will not sign up for one.

simply use your email program or your yahoo email account or whatever you normally send email with.

attach the file from your computer to the email. send it.

robert

dhargaalga

Post by dhargaalga »

Sorry. When I tried to use your email address, I got this:

"Due to a spike in spam activity, we have been forced to restrict the usage of the email and private message facilities. At this time, we require that users have a minimum of 5 posts and a registration date of more than 24 hours ago to proceed. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, however this is a necessary restriction."

I do not have up to 5 posts yet. Which email can I use then? Please advice.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

He said email program he didn't say via private message on here. You need to start understanding what people are asking you instead of ignoring it.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
dhargaalga

Post by dhargaalga »

Thank you for the correction. I have been trying to send it through [email protected]. I apologize if this is not the appropriate email. I got this from your welcome email. I do not see any "help"link anywhere so far.

I am not familiar with your system. I wish you could just give me an email to use if this is not the appropriate one. I have tried more than three times. Uploading stops after 20-30 minutes each time. The zipped file is 26.5 MB. Although I am using a mobile Wi-Fi, I have uploaded bigger files before.
Lumpy Burgertushie

I believe you are very confused about what is going on here.

I have nothing to do with phpbb.com. I am a user just like you. I come here to offer help to other users.
I offered to help you with your conversion problem.
I suggested that you send me a copy of your database by attaching it to an email and sending it to my email address that you asked for. not to the phpbb.com email address or to a PM or anything else.

see this:
edit: removed email

click on that link.
it should open up whatever program you have on your computer to send and receive email.

once it is opened, then attach your sql file to that email and click the send button.

If you use something like yahoo.com for your email then simply copy and paste that email address to your yahoo.com email send and attach the file to that.

I really don't know how much easier I can make this for you.

luck,
robert
Last edited by Lumpy Burgertushie on Tue May 24, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dhargaalga

Post by dhargaalga »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I believe you are very confused about what is going on here.
see this:
[email protected]

robert
This is the link I have been looking for. It was not in your past emails. I have sent the file now through my webmail.

Thank you for everything. I really appreciate you.

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”