Prophpbb.com convertor to phpbb3.1

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
aelole

Prophpbb.com convertor to phpbb3.1

Post by aelole »

First of all, let me explain a few things.

I have a free board hosted by prophpbb.com (version phpbb3.0.11). The terms of use say we have the right WHENEVER we want it to leave for the host of our choice (free users pay 3$ and premium download from acp ). I made the payment of 3$ on July 25, 2017 and asked for the backup. However, till now they have not sent it. The databases are on the hands of Tapatalk, that illegally refuses to give them (I have never accepted that and never had any relation to Tapatalk ). I have complained to them many times, but they delete my posts in their support forum and they do not respond to my emails. I am very angry and maybe I will sue them. You can see for yourself here:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 36740.html

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 36686.html

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 36719.html

They keep my database as a hostage, while I am paying money for hosting services that are useless without the database i have bought and was never sent to me and I am loosing money from the ads I cannot put.

So, I urgently need a crawler convertor suitable for Prophpbb.com boards. I used the download manager to download all my board and now I want to see if a crawler can convert my board to database. I used one I found in this website, but it creates only the member sql archive. Then it exits saying 0 forum 0 topic 0 post. Can you please help me? I will really appreciate it.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Prophpbb.com convertor to phpbb3.1

Post by Mick »

You're not on your own,

viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2431476
viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2432251

There may be others.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
aelole

Post by aelole »

For sure!
Thousands of boards have been migrated (either legally or illegally ).

Mine has not been migrated, I have paid for the backup and have all the receipts and proof, and they play with my patience. I am just a click away from sending a complaint. I also have warned them NOT to do any migration before I get the backup. if they wanna pay me lots of money for the possible damage, then they can go for it.

For the moment, what I care is my online community. I need to download it as a database and move it to my new host.

Please help me!
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

We can't. It's not really anything to do with us. It's between you and the site owners. There used to be a crawler for 2.0 I think but I doubt it'll work. Have a look at the converter forum stickies.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[3.1.x] Convertors”