A newly translated language is not shown under ACP

Having a question about translating phpBB 3.1? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB 3.1? Here would be the correct place to do so.
Peteh_2

A newly translated language is not shown under ACP

Post by Peteh_2 »

Hello to all supporting members,
As I am translating 3.1.9 in the new language called "Hindi" but after uploading the language+styles folder in the root directory; it's not shown under ACP>Customize>Language Packs.
I am trying this with changing the charset to UTF-8 but the result is same.
Where I can make mistake, Please tell me...
Thanks
david63

Re: A newly translated language is not shown under ACP

Post by david63 »

You do not upload it to the root directory but to the language directory with the appropriate sub directory for the language and to styles/[style]/theme/[sub directory]
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Peteh_2

Post by Peteh_2 »

Hello david63,
david63 wrote:You do not upload it to the root directory but to the language directory with the appropriate sub directory for the language and to styles/[style]/theme/[sub directory]
Here something is confusing, please tell me which option is correct;

1. For Language: root/language/hindi
2. For Styles: styles/prosilver/theme/hindi and styles/subsilver2/imageset/hindi

These 1 and 2 option is already achieved by the steps to install language pack, I am already followed.

What can I change? or where I can upload my language and styles folder?

Thanks for help and support
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Well, for starters you should use the ISO code, for Hindi that would be "hi" or "hin", but that's a detail.
Use the "language/hi/" folder to put in your files, just like English is in the "language/en/" folder.

The prosilver structure is fine, but subsilver2 also has the imagesets in the theme folder now.
So that should be: "styles/subsilver2/theme/hi"

Also, have you edited the iso.txt file in the language pack to reflect your new language? :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Peteh_2

Post by Peteh_2 »

Hello JimA,
JimA wrote:Well, for starters you should use the ISO code, for Hindi that would be "hi" or "hin", but that's a detail.
Use the "language/hi/" folder to put in your files, just like English is in the "language/en/" folder.

The prosilver structure is fine, but subsilver2 also has the imagesets in the theme folder now.
So that should be: "styles/subsilver2/theme/hi"

Also, have you edited the iso.txt file in the language pack to reflect your new language? :)
Thanks, my new language pack installed successfully but when I am saving any setting or making logout or activating the board preferences for this language then my board can't redirected successfully such as after selecting this language from board preference, it can't redirect to again my UCP; or when making logout then it may shows an error like:
http://mydomain.com/ucp.php?mode=logout ... 07ee3a540a and a blank page.
Is there any error remains in my language pack?
david63

Post by david63 »

If you are getting errors and/or blank pages with your language pack then there is something wrong in one or more of your language files.

How are you editing these files? Are you saving them in the correct format (UTF-8 without BOM)?
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Peteh_2

Post by Peteh_2 »

Hello david63,
david63 wrote:If you are getting errors and/or blank pages with your language pack then there is something wrong in one or more of your language files.
How are you editing these files? Are you saving them in the correct format (UTF-8 without BOM)?
It seems their is something wrong in my files, actually I can pick these files from the original phpBB 3.1.9 full package and as given the direction that how can: https://www.phpbb.com/languages/apply.php

Can I missed any ' or ', symbol after => may cause this error, since It's saved in correct format UTF-8 without BOM.

or any other possibility...

Thanks for help
david63

Post by david63 »

Missing a comma or quote could quite easily cause the problem
David

Peteh_2

Post by Peteh_2 »

Hello david63,
david63 wrote:Missing a comma or quote could quite easily cause the problem
Yes, Missing a comma or quote could quite easily cause the problem but I have made another mistake and of that this error occur.
In real I have used notepad++ for editing/translating all the files without use of "GIT" and so this happened.
If you have any idea/hint for me to correct this mistake then please tell me?

Peteh_2

Post by Peteh_2 »

Congratulation! My Friend david63,
david63 wrote:Missing a comma or quote could quite easily cause the problem
Finally I have done, that I have need and for your help and support; what I can say "Thanks".
I am trying to submit my/our language pack to phpBB for other users as soon...
NamitaB

Post by NamitaB »

Peteh_2 wrote: Sun May 22, 2016 10:58 pm Finally I have done, that I have need and for your help and support; what I can say "Thanks".
I am trying to submit my/our language pack to phpBB for other users as soon...
Hello there,

I am creating a Forum in Hindi too but can't find your Language pack listed in Language Packs.
It will be great help if you can share your language pack with me as I'm not much into translations and coding parts.

Hopping to see your reply soon.

Regards
Namita
GunChleoc

Post by GunChleoc »

Looks like nobody has translated phpBB into Hindi yet, so you will need to find some volunteers to do the translation.

Return to “[3.1.x] Translations”