Language Packs for Icelandic

Having a question about translating phpBB 3.1? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB 3.1? Here would be the correct place to do so.
jespersen123
Name: Søren Jespersen

Language Packs for Icelandic

Post by jespersen123 »

Hi there. Fairly new to the phpBB Community - i figured this is the right place to ask the following question:

We have now been working for quite som time with phpBB in mainly Danish, Swedish and Norwegian, and have encountered no problems with these three language packs. However, we are now looking into also creating an Icelandic version. So far i have not been able to find a proper language pack - any idea if one is in development, or if there are any plans to develop one?

- Thank you in Advance
Jespersen - Web developer at Billigeforbrugslån.dk - Creating a platform for Loan Comparison in Denmark.
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Language Packs for Icelandic

Post by JimA »

Hi there, welcome to phpBB.com! :)

I've moved your topic from the Extensions Requests forum to our Translations forum. Unfortunately though, we currently don't have an Icelandic translation available for phpBB. The latest I could find was this topic in which someone indicated to be worked on it. That is nearly a year ago so I have no idea whether that project is still ongoing, but you could try to contact the author on the subject.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo »

Hi,

as far as i know, there is noone working on an icelandic translation at the moment.

If you want to translate it, feel free to do so.

Please make sure to follow this information:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb-translat ... delines.md
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb-translat ... idation.md

If you have some questions, please feel free to ask me. :)

When you've finished the translation, please contact me as well.

Regards
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de
jespersen123
Name: Søren Jespersen

Post by jespersen123 »

Hi again, thank you for the fast answers -

Hmm, if its been little over a year, there is probably a fairly big chance it has been scrapped. I will make sure to notify the community if we start working on an icelandic translation.

Regards
Jespersen
Jespersen - Web developer at Billigeforbrugslån.dk - Creating a platform for Loan Comparison in Denmark.
Boman21
Name: Jakob Boman

Post by Boman21 »

Sorry, for reviving an old thread.
I would just like to know if there has been any progress on the Icelandic translation?
We would like to offer our product in Icelandic to our Icelandic user; however, we do not have the resources to make the translation so we would greatly appreciate if somebody has translated the language package to Icelandic.
Thanks!
Jakob Boman - Coder at Vupea - Copenhagen - Denmark
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

I'm unfortunately still unaware of an Icelandic translation existing at this point.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.1.x] Translations”