Product Review System.

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
adsol93

Product Review System.

Post by adsol93 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:23 pm

I've seen it in other platforms like vBulletin or MyBB (with Xthreads mod) and I would really love to see it in phpBB3. From what I need, this is the only thing that I miss.

It doesn't have to be like a big/complicated system, a simple one would do for everybody I believe. For example it can be an extension that it can modify a certain forum or create a whole new page for the system. A list of what this extension might have as features could be:

Product name
Product Description
Product Picture
Product Category (e.g. Birthday Gifts, Furniture etc. that the user can specify into his/her liking)
Manufacturer
Year released
Website of the product/manufacturer

This is just a first thought of what an extension like this might have as a basis. It could be nice though to give the user the freedom to add additional fields in some way. I'm not very familiar with extensions/mods development so please, don't get me wrong if what I ask is too much :roll:

I also would love to hear some thoughts on this by developers and non-developers.

Thank you! :mrgreen:

adsol93

Re: Product Review System.

Post by adsol93 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Am I the only one that finds this useful? :geek:

Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm working on a dedicated service relatively similar, and one of the first thing i want to do is to allow it to be plugged to boards and blogs.
I'll keep you updated ;)

adsol93

Post by adsol93 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Wardormeur wrote:I'm working on a dedicated service relatively similar, and one of the first thing i want to do is to allow it to be plugged to boards and blogs.
I'll keep you updated ;)
This sounds great! I'm looking forward to it!

skyfall007

Post by skyfall007 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:59 pm

any news on that?

I would LOVE a plugin like Xthreads for phpbb!

Return to “Extension Requests”