opposite to warnings

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
noth

opposite to warnings

Post by noth » Fri May 19, 2017 6:58 pm

on a busy forum, Admins know the phpbb3 Warnings sytem inside out. it is effective and brings home to members that what they have done is not acceptable and other moderators can see at a glance, how many warnings a user has received. only other moderators and the warned person themselves, can see the warning though. this all works brilliantly and is a big help to a site's healthy operations day to day.

After having seen that continue well for a few years, I now wonder whether a second system, exactly the same as Warnings really, same principles as above but called something else, "Merits" I'm not sure, but Moderators do see members helping other members, being nice when others are being harsh etc. Wouldn't it be great if you could hit a "merit" button, the member gets a hidden "acknowledgement of excellent conduct" sort of thing, same as before? only other moderators and the nice person themselves can see the "merit" though.

Does anybody else feel this could be good in 3.2 ?
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

.m.

Re: opposite to warnings

Post by .m. » Sat May 20, 2017 4:34 am

you might be already knowing this:

looks like such extensions exist on some other sites (eg. ultimate points)
could not find them here on the official extensions database !

may be there are some such extensions in the development
(eg. [Beta] Medals System - User Awards)

I feel that merits should be visible for all (could be real encouragement)
and warnings should be visible only to the specific user & the Staff

Return to “Extension Requests”