event calendar with monthly view

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
menz01

event calendar with monthly view

Post by menz01 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 pm

i would like to request a monthly view style event calendar. i seen reference to one but the link to download is dead.

Kaffe

Re: event calendar with monthly view

Post by Kaffe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:51 am

menz01

Post by menz01 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:54 pm

so i tried this out and and disabled it just as quickly as i enabled it. The calendar creates some sort of weekly view on my main page of my forums. I can't have it displayed there. i am not seeing any settings for changing it either. the website that supports this is in another language. is there any support for this extension in English?

if not is there another calendar extension i can try for version 3.2?

HJW

Post by HJW » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:29 pm

Did you take a look at the ACP? Especially the display options?

menz01

Post by menz01 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:11 am

HJW wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:29 pm
Did you take a look at the ACP? Especially the display options?
yup... i am a big dummy!!! i missed that totally.

so i was able to get it off my front page and now it is only accessible through the calendar link. so i have a question

is there a way to change the appearance for dark theme board? its hard to read items in the calendar

menz01

Post by menz01 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:05 pm

now there are only 2 things that keep this from going live on my forums, and in actuality, really only one cause the other issue is more of a "cultural annoyance" that everyone could get used to.

issue #1 - the appearance. as noted above on my forums that used a dark theme you cannot see the numbers on the days nor can you see entries like birthdays. in my above example there are two birthdays on the calendar. if there was a way to adjust the colors of the calendar itself i think this extension would be all i needed even with Issue #2

Issue #2 - the date format when making a post. Like i said this is more of a cultural annoyance and one my users could get used to but when making a post and entering the calendar options, the date boxes go "day" "month" "year" and my users will more used to a "month" "day" "year" format. this issue is not a deal breaker and would not stop me from using it

The real issue is really the appearance of the calendar itself. I would never hear the end of it from my users if they can't "see" what they entered. Hopefully there will be a way to "tweak" the calendar a little bit for dark theme boards. My board is using the "Hexagon" style which is a prosilver based theme if that helps at all

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:11 pm

with the calendar in your browser, right click on any of the text that is the wrong color. choose "inspect element" from the right click menu.
your browser may be different but it will have something similar.

when you do that, a window will open showing you the code that relates to that spot on the page. look for the css that controls the font color.
it will tell you what file to look in and what line to look for.
open that file in your text editor and change the color to whatever you want.
in the case of this extension , that file will be:
ext/hjw/calendar/styles/prosilver/theme/calendar.css

luck,
robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:28 pm

And in addition to what robert said, you should create a separate folder
ext/hjw/calendar/styles/YOUSTYLENAME
copy the contents of ext/hjw/calendar/styles/prosilver into it and make the modifications in there, so it is not overwritten when you update the calendar files

But remember, that calendar is still in BETA state (but is very stable)
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
no support via PM or mail

Return to “Extension Requests”