rotate attached images

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
DWFII
Name: D.W.

Re: rotate attached images

Post by DWFII » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:13 pm

KYPREO wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:49 am

This is false....

The fact that other platforms can recognise correct image orientation and phpBB cannot makes it a phpBB problem. Users aren't going to move away from iOS or change their behaviour just because phpBB doesn't work like every other platform - they'll just get frustrated and use something like Instagram or Facebook instead and great phpBB boards suffer as a result. For my board, it is now the number 1 complaint I receive from users and I would love for it to be fixed. With 70% of traffic on my board from mobile devices and 99% of photos taken with a smartphone, it is actually a big deal.

I've tried many of the code suggestions posted on this board in the past and none actually work.

Even better would be a simple tool to allow the user to preview and rotate the image in the attachment tab as they're actually composing a new post. vBulletin has recently implemented a preview system for its attachments that works very well.

Exactly!

If this board (phpBB) had a "likes" or agree button I'd click on it for your post.
DWFII
In the High Desert of Central Oregon

Andimp3

Post by Andimp3 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm

KYPREO wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:49 am
The fact that other platforms can recognise correct image orientation and phpBB cannot makes it a phpBB problem. Users aren't going to move away from iOS or change their behaviour just because phpBB doesn't work like every other platform - they'll just get frustrated and use something like Instagram or Facebook instead and great phpBB boards suffer as a result. For my board, it is now the number 1 complaint I receive from users and I would love for it to be fixed. With 70% of traffic on my board from mobile devices and 99% of photos taken with a smartphone, it is actually a big deal.
I can only fully agree with you. I like phpbb very much, although I've been running my board since February. But every time I see the misaligned pictures that annoys me.

If at least the user had the opportunity to rotate the picture after the upload would be a great help.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 pm

All, please use the Quote function only when it is needed to make your reply clear and only quote the parts necessary not the whole post every time. Excessive quoting (especially of long messages and/or multiple images) makes reading the topic extremely difficult.

And boring seeing the same post over and over.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

3Di
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm

DWFII wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:26 pm
I'd like an extension that adds capability, rather than changing the core program.

(Not a dev, so work with me here please--I may not have the proper terminology but I think the intent is clear.)
I did put some code together today and made a small yet efficent extension, so far it's working well (just JPEG as of now though) on 3.2.2.

I am not quite sure I will support the 3.1 serie anymore though, I will see.

I do have just one picture (iOS) to do testing with, if you (or anybody else) can post here some other picture which needs to be rightly oriented before to be saved please do. I will be more than happy to pubblish the extension as soon as I am sure everything's all right. :)
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 pm

3Di wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm
DWFII wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:26 pm
I'd like an extension that adds capability, rather than changing the core program.

(Not a dev, so work with me here please--I may not have the proper terminology but I think the intent is clear.)
I do have just one picture (iOS) to do testing with, if you (or anybody else) can post here some other picture which needs to be rightly oriented before to be saved please do. I will be more than happy to pubblish the extension as soon as I am sure everything's all right. :)
Here is one, made with Samsung J5 2016
Wetransfer: https://we.tl/8LdO7RPJiy
Wij promoten UW muziek in ons forum & delen alles via Sociale media!
Muziek wordt ook toegevoegd in de playlist van
textradio.be!
Mail uw single + hoesje + info naar: info@muziekpromo.net of Solidjeuh@textradio.be
===============
Onze Website: https://www.muziekpromo.net

3Di

Post by 3Di » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Froddelaar wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 pm
Here is one, made with Samsung J5 2016
Wetransfer: https://we.tl/8LdO7RPJiy
Image great.. :)

Andimp3

Post by Andimp3 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:26 am

3Di wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm
I did put some code together today and made a small yet efficent extension, so far it's working well (just JPEG as of now though) on 3.2.2.
Cool ... I would like to test your extension in my board (www.oberhitze-fans.de).

3Di

Post by 3Di » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Development's topic: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2477256

Return to “Extension Requests”