steamid phpbb_user column

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
DocTM

steamid phpbb_user column

Post by DocTM »

(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, someone feel free to correct me)

I'm wondering if there is a way to create a column in the phpbb_users table in the database for numbers, like steamids64 or some sort. Something that you would enter at registration, then you could edit it later, doesn't need to show up on profile or forum posts, just in the database column under table phpbb_users. for example, there is something called user_sig that displays the signature, but this wont work for my use since <t></t> is put around everything.
if there is an extension that already does this, please feel free to tell me. I am willing to pay money for something like this. Custom profile field is not what I'm looking for, this is different as it does not show in the phpbb_user columns but has a different table entirely.

if anyone has any information that they would be willing to share please do!
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: steamid phpbb_user column

Post by Kailey »

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but there is the Steam Group Suite extension in development and an abandoned (NOT RECOMMENDED ON LIVE BOARDS) Steam Status extension that someone might be willing to take over.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
david63

Post by david63 »

Just adding a column to the users table will not make any difference unless you also have some way of inputting data to that column - irrespective of where it is/is not being displayed.

What are you going to do with this new column's data once you have it in the database? Just having it in the database will not do anything, you will need some code to do something with it.
DocTM wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:31 am Custom profile field is not what I'm looking for, this is different as it does not show in the phpbb_user columns but has a different table entirely.
It really does not matter where data is stored in the database just as long as whatever it is that you are doing knows where to find it.

Without more details of what it is that you are trying to do it is difficult to help.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
DocTM

Post by DocTM »

david63 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:11 am Just adding a column to the users table will not make any difference unless you also have some way of inputting data to that column - irrespective of where it is/is not being displayed.

What are you going to do with this new column's data once you have it in the database? Just having it in the database will not do anything, you will need some code to do something with it.
DocTM wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:31 am Custom profile field is not what I'm looking for, this is different as it does not show in the phpbb_user columns but has a different table entirely.
It really does not matter where data is stored in the database just as long as whatever it is that you are doing knows where to find it.

Without more details of what it is that you are trying to do it is difficult to help.
What I'm trying to do is have them put their steam64 id or something in an optional field that they could edit in their UCP under profile or something. I help run a game server for a community, I have a script that would detect if someone were to make an account on the website with their steam64 id inputted and saved under a column in their user table (the script fetches database information). Basically, if the script detected that they had made an account with their steam id, it would give them special rewards in-game for doing so. example: Sign up on our website to receive in-game currency!

here's a snippet of what the script I have would be doing/what I would like it to do.

Tasks.Config.ForumDatabase = "databsename" // the name of your forum database?
Tasks.Config.ForumUserTable = "phpbb_users" // the name of the table that contains users with their steamid?
Tasks.Config.ForumSteamIDColumn = "steamid" // the name of the column containing steamids?
Tasks.Config.ForumSteamID = "64" // 32bit or 64bit?
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Should ask in the Custom Coding forum.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
david63

Post by david63 »

From what you have posted you can do all of that with a Custom Profile Field - just need to modify your script a bit
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

DocTM wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:41 pm SteamID = "64" // 32bit or 64bit?
That's merely a string
'steam_id64' => array('VCHAR:255', ''),
don't try to cast it to anything else than (string).

Moreover, there is a validated exension: Steam Status in the CDB
which adds a profile field that accepts a SteamID in any format (SteamID, SteamID3, SteamID64, or Steam Community profile URL/vanity name), which is converted to SteamID64
Option to display current status on user profiles and in the user section of each post
Auto-refresh status at a configurable interval.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
DocTM

Post by DocTM »

3Di wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:36 pm
DocTM wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:41 pm SteamID = "64" // 32bit or 64bit?
That's merely a string
'steam_id64' => array('VCHAR:255', ''),
don't try to cast it to anything else than (string).

Moreover, there is a validated exension: Steam Status in the CDB
which adds a profile field that accepts a SteamID in any format (SteamID, SteamID3, SteamID64, or Steam Community profile URL/vanity name), which is converted to SteamID64
Option to display current status on user profiles and in the user section of each post
Auto-refresh status at a configurable interval.
Thank you, this extension is exactly what I was looking for! it works perfectly. 3Di :)

Return to “Extension Requests”